Mar 6, 2008

Vintage Finds and More....


I stopped by my favorite thrift store yesterday and found a few goodies I thought I'd share. I couldn't resist this large spool of vintage ric-rac. When I package items up from my store, I always like to use vintage ribbon, seam binding and ric-rac. This should last me a very long time!



Finally, a tiara that I can wear around the house while vacuuming and scrubbing toilets. Really, I don't know what I'm going to do with it but I certainly couldn't leave it there!



I have a thing for butterflies and this one jumped out at me. It *sparkles* in the light and will keep me inspired until I get to see the real ones outside. (right now that seems like forever. And a day.)



I've been hard at work on my canvasses...




This one was inspired by my visit with Karen from Memory Lane. Birds of a feather -flock together! It is so nice to meet other women who are as passionate about their work - and love of old treasures.




We are still digging out from our snowstorm yesterday and are awaiting our next which will happen Saturday. I thought each season was supposed to last 3 months? Well, the cold and snow started here in November, so technically that makes March our FIFTH month of winter. Who signed me up for this?????!!!!!



Btw, can you see her?... ;)


17 comments:

Sandy said...

Hi Joy! I always love seeing what you are up to! I'm glad the Faithgirlz lesson went well. Wow, a $50 bill! LOL. Thanks for sharing your story w/me.

Have a great weekend.

Shabby Miss Jenn said...

Oh Joy! Beeeeeuuuuueeeteful goodies you have there!!!!

Gayle said...

That POOR dolly, stand one-legged and NAKED in the snow! LOL Someone's having fun......

Roxie said...

OMG, that crown is the prettiest thing I've ever seen. You are so lucky to have found it. I want one! I'm screaming and stomping my feet as I type this.

Thank you for stopping by my blog, I always love hearing from you.
Please check out Make Mine Pink, you will not be disappointed. There is a great forum as well that we get and give alot of business savvy advice. It's crucial to success. Please join us. Hope to see you there soon!

RoxRocks said...

Was Peg changing the tire?

Love the crown too...that reminds me that I need to find a tiara for Em for Grad. Got any suggestions?

Herbgirl said...

The tiara is so cute! Love the style of it. Also love your canvas work....such pretty colors and love the roses!
Mandy

Mary said...

Scrubbing toilets in a tiara - I'm giggly over this!! It's a beaut though - you will look like a true princess!

Love ric-rac too - once braided white and yellow together, that was a pain to do - but a customer wanted it for the trim on a lampshade I made for her!

Sorry you are still snowbound - am airmailing a breathe of Spring your way for the weekend Joy.

debbie said...

love the tiara AND your naked, missing body parts, doll - lol!!!!! debbie =)

TinaTx said...

Love the tiara! I wouldn't have left it there either.
Poor naked doll, she is so mistreated.

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

ok, so I am laughing hysterically over that doll by your tire! You crack me up. :))) You are torturing her! I say off with her head and put the tiara on top. :)

xo

Natalea said...

Great finds Joy!
have a fun weekend! xo natalea

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

We have snow too, and shouldn't! I am pretty tired of it.

Hey, I like the canvases. Will you be wearing your tiara as you work on them?

Alison Gibbs said...

How lucky you had that extra pair of hands - oh no she only has one hand to help clear the snow!!
Alison

fromthepines said...

Joy,

Everything looks great! I like your canvases too.

Are ya ready for another big one? We are hunkering down now too, hoping the power doesnt go out!

Lovely weather..

Cheryl

~j~ said...

Now those are finds from the thrift store that deserve to be bragged about. Cleaning the house while wearing a tiara is an absolute must, now I don't feel so alone :)
have a wonderful weekend.
julia

Kari & Kijsa said...

Love all your finds (your tiara would be perfect for our quote today!!) Your canvases are outstanding! ALways love to see what's new! Have a fabulous weekend! We will be digging out of the snow as well!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Sharon said...

I love that "baby doll" ~ keep her keep her~ she is adorable.~S