Apr 3, 2008

Calgon, Take Me Away!


Oh my, what a time I've been having...


Ellie gave me her cold this past weekend and I am just starting to get over that...our living room is STILL not finished being painted...and last night someone tried to (well, did) break into both hubby and my vehicles!


What a story that was...they actually took a credit card out of my husband's truck - but little did they know it had been cancelled a few weeks back. Long story short - we found out they tried to use it at a gas/convenience store nearby so I went there and the owner found the two people on their surveillance tapes. I couldn't believe my eyes when he pulled it up on screen and I saw the pair, (a 40ish year old man and woman) trying to use our credit card that they had just STOLEN. Of course it was declined and I could hear him on the tape making excuses and stating that he didn't have any other i.d. on him. I contacted the police and they are coming over to file a report. Jeepers! What is it with me and credit cards lately?


Anyway, even though my house is upside down I still find time to create! It may be my only saving grace at this point. :) Here is another
collage on canvas I have been working on. Paris was my inspiration of course...



This large wooden dovetailed box was screaming for a makeover so I obliged. :) I dressed it up with some old wallpaper, vintage cream colored buttons, antique lace and rhinestone accents.




It's quite large and could stash alot of goodies!




************


I would post a picture of the painting progress but really, the only thing that's changed is the color. The windows are currently being worked on and the walls still need a couple more coats of paint. Yesterday hubby was sanding the walls and he had this neat gadget hooked up to the Shop Vac so there would be no dust. (our living room and kitchen are all open concept - do you sense where this is going?) All of a sudden I heard "OH NO!" come from him (well, actually it was a whole bunch of expletives, but anyway) The coil had come loose and there was drywall dust EVERYWHERE. It actually looked foggy in our house.


Renovating is so much fun isn't it?


10 comments:

~j~ said...

Wow, you need more than Calgon to take you away Joy, you need a lear jet to Tahiti! I am so sorry for the bumps in the road that you are having, credit card problems and police reports do not sound like the greatest of combinations.
Just think soon :) you will be able to sit in your newly re-done living room, iced mocha in hand, and laugh, one of those country club, hello dahling kind of laughs...hopefully!
hang in there,
julia

LiLi M. said...

aah that vintage wallpaper, oooh those rhinestones...Why can I hardly get those overhere?? Rhinestones are available but at skyscraper high prices.
My friend had a similar adventure with her credit cards but even with the thieve on tape the police did nothing. It was actually the shopholder who got suspicious and prevented him from using their creditcard, after making several attempts.
Good luck renovating, when it's finished you forget the hard work and the troubles easy...

Natasha Burns said...

oh my goodness Joy!!! thank goodness the credit card did not work or there'd be all sorts of other problems! I can just imagine your room full of dust, perhaps it looks cloudy and romantic??!

Jennifer said...

Oh Joy I am so sorry. I had my truck broken into recently while at the Gap. Stole $200 worth of clothes I just bought the kids. My new "pink" cell phone and ear piece and tried to get my ipod out of the console but didn't. Isn't it a horrible feeling? That's awesome that you tracked them down though! Renovations are a nightmare but all worth it in the end...hang in there! Also...
LOVE the box!!!

restyled home said...

What rotten luck...and what rotten people!
That dust...Yuck!! I know that would ruin MY day!!

Here's hoping your weekend is better.

Linda
xoxo

a said...

that just plain sux about the cc! grrrrr and the dust *cough*cough* hack **hack! been there done that it is a lot of work....but the reward at the end with be a new and improved beautiful room to enjoy!

Simply Me Art said...

So sorry you are feeling under the weather. More sorry about your cars being broken into. That is a real nightmare, I have had it happen also. Your New Creation is Beautiful. Have a wonderful weekend. Jamie

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Hi Joy, We are getting ready to do some renovation and I dread it. I just hate thieves. I could just slap them into next week. Glad you got them on tape. ~ Lynn

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

when we remodeled, I found dry wall dust for months! good luck with that. But it is worth it to have a new look.

Nicky C. said...

SOOOO fun. i've had paris on the mind for weeks now and since you do too - i have to share my paris photos that just wrote about on kodak's blog.

our wedding theme is 'Old world/travel' and your work is just amazing!! you're inspiring me to jazz up our 'photo table' with some handmade creations that speak to our travels! Thanks so much for sharing!