Apr 14, 2008

Music To My Ears


My favorite thing about Spring has got to be the return of the birds. I just love hearing them happily chirp away. These are some old photos I have taken over the years. I have posted about them before but just can't resist doing it again!


This little guy was such a cutie. He was just learning to fly and I spotted him outside my son's upstairs bedroom on the window sill. He was quite nervous, flapping about and then all of a sudden he fell! I ran downstairs to our front room and saw that he fell directly onto the windowsill below. That's when I captured this photo...



In our front room we have a door that we don't use and above it is a glass transom. This Mama Robin has been using this space for the last couple of years to have her babies. Hubby and I just can't refuse her so we let her have it. The glass is REALLY dirty because she flits around in there - making these tapping sounds with her tail. (drives Wilbur insane) Here is a shot I got last year...



Baby bird is hungry!



Mmmm, fresh regurgitated worms - so delish!



This one was the last to leave the nest. It sat there for HOURS until it mustered up enough courage for it's first flight. Mama was of course nearby and cheering him on.



We have an inordinate amount of Robins around here because of this. It always amazes me how such a beautiful colored egg can come from such a plain, brown bird. Don'tcha just love Robins' egg blue?


9 comments:

Sugar Bear said...

How neat to have them living right in your door. We had birds that built a nest in our front door wreath one year. That got a little sticky! You are right - they are rather plain for such a pretty color egg.
Karla

Jeanne said...

I too love spring and to hear the birds........they serenade us ever so sweetly~
Blessings
Love Jeanne

Sondra said...

Too sweet!!! Great finds below from the weekend. I'm LOVING the silver thing. Remind what it's for?!

Natalea said...

Oooohhhh! I just love these cute little birdie pics! We have tons of birds living with us all spring too and I just love watching them! xo natalea

Alison Gibbs said...

Great photos.
Love the sound of the birds.
Robin's egg blue is gorgeous.
Alison

Simply Me Art said...

Wow, Amazing Photos. Spring is being born all around your home! Lovely

Sandy said...

Hi Joy! Love those pix - and the sound of birds in the am. Even this morning I sat and had my coffee and listened ... :)
Happy Spring!

Shab-n-Chic said...

What a cute cute picture! I wonder what he was thinking. :)

Karin (creativechaos) said...

I just love this post and all the pictures! I love birds....We will occasionally get mockingbirds nesting in our bougenvilla tree outside my office window. I just love watching them nest and protect their eggs and babies from all the elements...(read: my cats :) Anyway, thanks so much for sharing the pics!