Apr 10, 2008

Old World Feel


I like to think of it as my part of helping to recycle... This old frame, chippy corners and all, will be saved from a landfill site. :)



Oh, that Paris has me in its' spell...I used an old souvenir photograph of the Eiffel Tower in this. Is the Eiffel Tower not the most magnificent structure? I was lucky enough to see it in person. I remember it vividly...I was about 17 years old on holiday with my family...we were on a bus tour and I was over-the-moon excited to be in Paris. After hours of driving, when the Eiffel tower finally came into view I actually cried....it was incredible - or 'incroyable' as the French would say.



Inspiration today comes from this old manuscript book my brother had stashed away. That man has a treasure trove of goodies in his home and sometimes I go over there to see what I can dig up. What fun! This book was printed in the early 1900's and features prints of the oldest manuscripts...



The handwriting is amazing...




So much more refined than the chicken-scratch we see today! Ahh, the wonderful old days before 'texting' poisoned our world! ;)


13 comments:

Sher said...

Oh my goodness Joy! BEAUTIFUL does not describe that old manuscript book - I would have a fit if I had stumbled upon that one. Gorgeous!
I love the Parisian Frame you did - it does look Antique to me, so Old World Paris!! It looks Authentic. You never cease to amaze me you fabulous girl!
Love all the photos :)
xoxox Sher

LiLi M. said...

I love that frame you did yesterday, but today's is even better! I remember seeing your banner on ebay and thinking immediately this lady must have a blog, I still like it, and I think you are not the only one who loves the Eiffeltower, but you are one of a few that has such talent to do something more (that je ne sais quoi) with the Eiffeltower.
I have hesitated for more than half a year, but I have these Cavallini stamps too! They are so special!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage said...

Joy ~
That is beautiful ! I want to see the eiffel tower sooo bad ~I will someday I just am determined ~
xoxo,
Lori

mylulus said...

that is such a sweet story!
Im working on my hubbie to take me to paris! maybe in a few years when I dont have to do the disneyland thing every year.
hugs,
Sandy

Teresa ~ French Poppy said...

This is a beautiful piece of work. Love it!!


Teresa

Tara said...

So beautiful!~xo

Cami said...

The picture. The book. The sentiment. All exquisite. And I'm w/ you. Anti-texter! ;) PS I am so sure I was FRENCH in another life. Seriously!...

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Hi Joy,
Love the old frame and Paris art...lovely!
Penny
p.s. come over, I am having my
200th post giveaway!

Niesz Vintage Home said...

I love the chunky old frames.
That beautiful collage looks right at home in it.

Kimberly :)

Joy at Cupids Charm said...

Hi Joy! I am the other "Joy" out there in blogville!! :) We've been bumping around the same blog sites with our comments so I thought I would stop by and visit your blog and website. Your items are beautiful! I love the Paris Frame....I still dream of going there one day and I love how your work celebrates Paris. Love your items! xo ~ Joy

Robolady said...

Love the frame and all your goodies. That handwriting is simply amazing.
margo

The Barber Bunch said...

I was just surfin' the blogs and stopped by for a visit.

Great Blog!

Carolyn

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

Hi Joy ~

I really enjoyed reading this post! So inspiring! I hope all is well with you. I am on my way "home" to B.C. in a few weeks!
I'm looking so forward to it! I need to get some of my Canuck culture back! (*_*)

~Stacy~