Apr 8, 2008

"Rescue Me"...


...it whispered to me, from atop an old rickety bookcase at the Sally Ann. This wonderful old painting of pansies, now dilapidated and torn, with a chunky ornate frame...



How it got torn I will never know but the beauty of it reached out and grabbed me. The colors were rich with a patina that only time could deliver. An employee in the back had the foresight to know it could be still cherished - and it was put out on the floor for $1.99.



It is my muse for the day. Part of me wants to hang it on the wall as-is. The other part of me wants to alter it. We'll see who wins out...


7 comments:

LiLi M. said...

ooh lucky you! I love this framed imaged. I can imagine your duality, I recommend just hanging first. I mean at this very moment. You can instantly enjoy the picture and then decide, as both choices are tempting. I'm curious which side will win in the end!

lola said...

Muy bonito tu blog,visita mi blog,gracias

a said...

ahhhh that is a beaut! I vote to have it put back together. What a lucky find!

Shabbyfufu said...

I love it all torn and tattered Joy!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage said...

Joy ~ That is a beatiful treasure !! Don't you just love finding things like that ~
xoxo,
Lori

Natasha Burns said...

What? $1.99????? I bought a frame that looks almost the same, without anything inside for over $30.... seems someone got herself a great find!!! I love it as it is all tattered

Shab-n-Chic said...

I love it, and would hang it as is or have it repaired. What a deal!