Apr 9, 2008

Take Time To 'Tinker'


You just never know where the day will take you...


I found these vintage mother-of-pearl-like (don't think they're real) frames while thrifting yesterday and they demanded to be adorned! It always amazes me how things 'come' together. Supplies call out to me wanting to be in on the action - vintage wallpaper, old lace, souvenir photographs...

All of a sudden this old frame helped me transform it into an old world treasure...



The larger matching frame also features a french theme...I was humming "I love Paris in the Springtime" all afternoon! (Sold - thanks A!)



I 'dirtied' up one of my old Paris perfume labels to make it look time worn.



Today I am going to try to work on this frame...



It came home with the pansies painting and was probably from the same family. The frame is very chipped on the edges but the beauty still shines through. It originally had a large photograph of a husband and wife inside of it. Not sure what will become of it...I shall tinker with it and see. Sometimes 'tinkering' is very good for the soul. I think it's very under-rated in fact!


8 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

What a perfect palette you used for the theme! So pretty.

Nicky C. said...

i really must know - where did you get that Paris stamp?!? i nearly squealed when i saw it!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

I really like your collages. It is so my style and you do it perfectly. Can't wait to see your finished room. Looks fabulous.

Sugar Bear said...

The frames came out perfect. Looks like they were made to display your Paris images.
Karla

Sherri said...

Are you kidding me girlfriend??? Those are gorgeous! I love what you do with your vintage finds - you always jazz them up, and create something so amazing and beautiful, every time. I love these ideas you have Joy - they are unique, and you have a gift for doing them - to perfection!!
hugs friend, xoxo Sher

Sheila said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! What are the sparkly bits around the perfume label? Do they make the glass stick up? Anyway BEAUTIFUL!

Sheila
halohill.blogspot.com

cityfarmer said...

I do believe you're on a roll now!!!

Don't stop

these could win a prize

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

The Paris frames are wonderful! I love the Perfume label you used. Divine! Can't wait to see what you do with the last frame....

Kitty