Apr 7, 2008

There's One Thing I Neglected to Mention....


The shoes in the post below? They're from Walmart!!! :)

************



The painting is almost complete - in the next pic the last of the green is being covered - I wanted to break out the champagne! The room is so much brighter now and I can't wait to get it all back together. It won't be ready for another week or so though...there have been some set backs including painting the loft area in a semi-gloss - big mistake, BIG! (That was a mix-up with the paint store clerk) Hubby ended up painting the loft area I think a total of 3 times. Needless to say he was thrilled. ;)



Here is an odd story. I got this letter in the mail today and had to laugh. Years ago I must have written into Country Living's "What Is It Worth" or something like that and sent in a pic of a hooked rug that hubby and I had bought. It was sent back to me today with a insurance value on the back of my original note which was dated, get this - November 10, 1997. Well, it only took 11 years for a response, not bad, huh? It was post marked March 31, 2008 from NY, NY so it was not the Post Office's fault, this person must get TONS of mail to have sat on my letter for 11 years. Too bad I sold the rug because it was worth more than I thought!



3 comments:

Shabby Miss Jenn said...

I can't wait to see the finished room Joy! :)

Natasha Burns said...

now that's what I call SNAIL MAIL! LOL a real snail could have got the reply to you quicker! how funny!

purpleflowerfairy said...

oh my... 11 years is an AWFULLY long time - lol! if your post office is anything like mine, it has probably been sitting there all that time. debbie