Apr 22, 2008

Weekend Finds & Thank-You Cindy Crawford!


Well, the couches (and 2 arm chairs) are in! Now we are waiting for the rug and the buffet/console. This room is taking forever to finish! But at least we can sit comfortably in it thanks to none other than Miss Cindy Crawford. Yes, it is her line of furniture. I still have to chuckle over that one. But hey, it's a great design at a really good price. Who knew?



My sister Melody and I went flea marketing on the weekend and I found some treasures to drag home. I loved these old trays, I have some like them somewhere around here but these are taller and skinnier....I have three more and will list them in my shop...



I like the look of black and white photos clipped on them...the Parisian postcards are a recent ebay purchase.



This old hatbox HAD to come home with me for the fleur de lys alone! It was a no-brainer at $5 bucks....



And just look at these adorable little loving cups. A set of three! They are dated 1934 and all feature the same recipient. The seller said she polished up one just to see what it would look like but for $5 each she said she wasn't going to clean the others. I had to laugh....

And grab them.

And run from her booth like I had robbed her.



And then, I found this small - but tall - loving cup in the 'dungeon-y' basement of the flea market. Let's just say that that usually the only thing you'll find down there is a communicable disease. So imagine my surprise when I found this. I had to pay a lot for it....


One dollar.



Don't hate me because I was a loving cup magnet! ;)


p.s. Happy Earth Day!


19 comments:

Donna Lynn said...

Joy, I love your loving cups, and yes! you are a loving cup magnet! I adore Nell Hill's books and she always has a ton of silver in her featured rooms, great look! I saw on your profile that you read tons of magazines, me too! I am kind of a magaholic, (no meetings for that addiction yet!), yet I am giving away a huge stack to Diana Lyn this AM...aren't I nice! :) (they are kinda old though, 1993 etc.)HA
Anyway, nice to visit with you again, be back soon! Donna Lynn

Jenny said...

Love your new living room furniture. Very nice! Never knew Cindy Crawford had a furniture line? She's got good taste.
Can't wait to see the new area rug.
It's looking awesome.

*The Beautiful Life* said...

JOY!! Take a wild guess who has the EXACT same Cindy Crawford pieces...???
When I started reading your blog mentioning new furniture from her, I was almost scared to scroll down and see the picture, thinking, "Nah...couldn't be..."
Yep. Was.
I'll send you a picture in a sec. to prove it...
-- See ya, "sis!"
-Ruth

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

Love the Paris Post cards...I need those.Looks like there is real progress.... new furniture and all. Is it starting to feel like home again?

Anonymous said...

the couches are gorgeous!!! but i have to ask....i have two little boys and a messy hubby.....can you relate? how will you keep them pristine? have they been "treated?"

a said...

ahhh the couches are amazing love that style best of all. very clean lines just the way I like a room! great finds too!

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles said...

I love the sofas Joy,
The room is going to be gorgeous!
cant wait to see more!
smiles,
Sandy

LiLi M. said...

Great finds, just perfect for a happy Earth Day.
We don't have an earth day over here, because the world wildlife fund, who should coordinate this here, decided that the save the polar bear campaign was enough for the Dutchmen. No combining of actions mmm we might not understand the relations between saving the polar bears and other environmental issues mmmm it just feels so akward when we are judged like that. Nobody told Cindy Crawford that it was too difficult to model and to have a furniture line, and you see what the results are.... :-D

Alison Gibbs said...

Yay for you somewhere to sit and it looks wonderful.
What fabulous flea market finds, loving the love cups
Alison

Sugar Bear said...

Oh mu gosh - those loving cups are amazing! I can't believe the deals you got. Wow! I'm loving the Cindy Crawford furniture. I had no idea she now a furniture designer. The room looks great.
Karla

heidi said...

hi joy ~ thanks for stopping by, and for your sweet comments!

love the couches ~ cindy crawford, i'll have to check that out. i'm in love with tufting! great flea finds, and displays, very fun, and lucky you to flea with your sister!
xo ~ heidi

Teresa ~ French Poppy said...

Love your furniture! And very very cool what you did with the postcards, great idea!!! Hey, I have that very same hat box! :)

Teresa

Brenda Kula said...

Got some gorgeous finds. I especially like your creative photo arrangement with the black and white. Really nice!
Brenda

purpleflowerfairy said...

i love the postcards hung on the basket - GREAT idea! and, YOU LUCKY, LUCKY, LUCKY girl!!! i have been wanting a loving cup for ages and the only place i find them is on ebay for $50 and up - yeesh =) buy me one next time, k? lol! debbie

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Joy, I've missed so much over here, there are TOO many wonderful blogs & not enough time to catch up with all of them. I love all your new furniture, congrats on your newly redone room.

What a gorgeous built-in you have & I love how you accessorized it. Those loving cups are great! Wonderful place to display some of those. I see you have been busy as usual finding all sort of treasures, like me you just can't stop that.

Happy saling!

Rhoda

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

amazing finds Joy!! wow!! love them!! xo Britt

Sandy said...

Hi Joy! Love the couches - fun to see what you're up to! :)

Sherri said...

I am really Lovin' your Lovin' Cups!
Had to say that. Corny, But had to say it.
Hope you are doing well my friend!
I want to see that Cindy Crawford Collection! I think I buy all the Celebrity stuff - Kathie Lee (which we called Tacky Lee) and some of those other models that sold things - Kathy Ireland etc...
I read People Magazine weekly - just to keep up with them all.
chat soon :)
xo Sher

Secret Leaves said...

Gorgeous sofas. I have seen a couple of her homes featured in magazines and she has an interesting style. Who is selling them?

Sharon