Apr 13, 2008

Weekend Finds


The thrill of the hunt....


Janet and I had a fun day on Friday when we went over to Memory Lane, our fav antique store. Karen, the uber-sweet proprietor was there and brought us to a cool junkin' store - one of her secret places to find treasures. What fun we had in this store digging out treasures and exchanging ideas of what we could create. We were there for 1 1/2 hours and it seriously felt like 10 mins!



I found the pink 'Dogwood' planter on Friday - which matches nicely with the candle sconce I've had stored for years. Both will end up in the shoppe this week...



This is the lock part of an old safe. Janet told me I must buy it. When I came home and took off the price tag I realized the patent date was my birthday - May 23! I plan on making a hook out of it.



I also picked up this old film reel tin. (which includes the empty reel inside) I've got to bring this baby back to life somehow. And I just adore the color of the old measuring tape....



In other news...


The living room is almost complete. We picked out curtains on Saturday and the brackets are up and ready. We're just finishing up with the cleaning and want to get the room spic-and-span before the curtains actually go up. Hubby also hung his new t.v on the wall - that was a 4 hour production with the dang thing almost falling on top of me. Ugh. Let's just say he had to make the mounting a little more strong. Is it just me ladies, or are men totally impossible to work with? ;)


3 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

What treasures you found on Friday. There is never enough time to go Treasure Hunting - time flies.
You are so right - men are impossible to work with. Mmmm don't know whay they won't do what we tell them - when we tell them!!
Alison

Shabbyfufu said...

Great treasures Joy! Your BFF's name is Janet!! ~XO from the other Janet~

mylulus said...

love all your treasures! I love the hunt.
hugs,
Sandy