May 9, 2008

Follow Your Heart


While out thrifting today I thought I should try and find one more thing for my Mom for Mother's Day....so I followed my heart...


I spotted this old silver tea pot and immediately it became my inspiration. I could picture it chock full of fresh blooms. I also found this Martha Stewart ornament and seeing my Mom loves purple, it had to find it's way into the mix...



I also hit the jackpot finding this old seam binding and ric-rac. Perfect - there is a perfect shade of lavender in the seam binding...that will work...



Next came the flowers - bright and cheerful - just like my Mom!



And there you have it - a vintage inspired gift from my heart! (the ornament will have a photograph in it, just didn't have time to insert before this blog post)



Now please excuse me, I have to call my Mom and tell her not to read my blog today!


16 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

What a lovely gift for your Mom.
Hope both you and your Mom have a wonderful Mothers Day
Alison

Janet said...

Beautiful, gul!

Your Mom is going to *love* that!!

Oh, and Happy Mother's Day on your Mom!
;)
J.

Simply Me Art said...

Joy, Gorgeous find and the Flowers and MS ornament made it even prettier.Im sure she will Love it. Happy Mothers Day! Jamie

Robolady said...

Your mother will love it.
Happy Mom's day to you as well.
Margo

Melody said...

Ya Joy, my sweet sister, do you want to just add my name to that gift, thanks doll.

Beth Leintz said...

Ok Joy, fess up, you said you wanted to shop in my antique booth. I sold a silverplate coffee server just like that - were you in Kansas today?

Love how you "fancied" up your thrift find- great Mother's Day present.

Shabbyfufu said...

Happy Mother's Day Joy....to you and your Mom!

Antique Paperie said...

Happy Mother's Day Joy!
I can't wait to relax and just have fun tomorrow with the kids.
The Gift for your mother is absolutely beautiful - You continue to amaze me with your wonderful creations! I love Purples & Lavender as well :)
xo Sher

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage said...

Joy ~
I just love what you created for your mom !! It is just beautiful !! you did hit the jackpot with the seam binding and ric rac !! Oh my goodness !!!
xoxo,
Lori

FourSistersInACottage said...

Just stopping by to Wish You a WONDERFUL HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY MOTHER'S DAY!!!
Hugs and Love,
Amy (Mom to the Four Sisters)

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I hope you are having a lovely mother's day yourself!

a said...

WOW! That's So awesome! Happy Mothers Day Joy!

Shab-n-Chic said...

Fantastic! What a lucky Mom..and Happy Mother's Day to you!

Siobhan said...

Beautiful Joy! I bet you Mum will love it!
Happy Mother's Day

Siobhan

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles said...

Love it Joy!!
smiles,
Sandy

Joy at Cupids Charm said...

What special gifts! I put flowers in old tea pots too. It's so charming. I am sure your mom loved your thoughtfulness! Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing your great ideas! ~ xoxo Joy