May 5, 2008

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly


THE GOOD

I've been having so much fun putting together my Dinner Party Bottled Fortunes© sets and want to thank all of you for your support! It also came to me that these would make lovely Hostess gifts. This set is heading to off to Sandy - thanks Sandy!



THE BAD

Well, Wilbur didn't do anything bad (lately) Can you believe that?! I am mad that my hubby's favorite place to jog has now banned dogs. He loves to jog with Wilbur - and of course Wilbur LOVES it too. They went this past Friday and a police officer actually turned on his lights and made a gesture towards Wilbur. Honestly people, have dog laws not gotten out of control? I think if you have your dog on a leash and pick up after it you should be able to take it for a walk. O.k. thanks for letting me vent on that.

P.S. This is the face I get when hubby says to Wilbur "Do you want to go for a jog?"



THE UGLY

Finding vintage bottles to make up my fortunes are hard to come by so I was THRILLED yesterday to find this box lot. They were very dusty and dirty but I thought a good washing would take care of that. Well, notsomuch. Some have a film on them and I have tried everything but Polident to get them clean. Has anyone tried that method? Would love to hear...



Our weekend was mostly rainy and cool but of course being Monday morning it is sunshine-y and wonderfully warm. Funny how that works, huh? ;)


9 comments:

Kathleen Grace said...

Poor Wilbur, what is wrong with people? Have you tried white vinegar to get the film off the bottles?

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Those are great bottles, Joy! I see you are still out there scouring the sales like me. The thrill! Too bad about the dog walking. Love Wilbur's face.

Rhoda

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I have had success with Polident. Good luck. Your bottles fortunes are lovely! Have a nice day! Twyla

Victorian Lady said...

Have you tried limeaway? Vinegar and baking soda? There is a show on bbcamerica called "how clean is your house? I can't believe those houses, but they get them spotless! I bet you they have a website with tips. :)
What lucky bottles! They are in store for a wonderful makeover!
:)
Mere

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

That is a lot of bottles....good for you. Sorry I do not have any cleaning tips. I would purchase your great bottles but I swear...I have never had a real dinner party in my life(I do not count family gatherings)
I need some good decorating tips though...stop by my blog and give me your opinion!

LP Vintage said...

I'm sure I've tried Polident on bottles/glassware in the past along with Comet, vinegar, baking soda etc.and nothing worked. However, I would love to hear if you find something that works for you!

Sandy said...

I am so happy to own some o your fabulous bottles! White vinegar usually removes film...

Beth Leintz said...

Poor Wilbur- I recognize that face when my puppy dogs want a walk, too.

Bottles- I've heard that Polident & Efferdent (?) work, but haven't tried them myself. I wonder if something that you use to clean the buildup out of coffee makers would work- or Lime Away? Oh my, this is starting to sound like a chemistry experiment.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

I love Wilbur! So happy to see him again!