May 8, 2008

I Think I Might Need a Helmet...


I think we might have another bird in the house. Here are my Sherlock clues...this morning when I went into our office the screen in front of the fireplace was knocked over. Perhaps Wilbur was trying thinking he could rescue his new friend and tried to move it out of the way? After that I started hearing odd noises in other parts of the house. Which leads me to my next discovery of which I am NOT happy about.

I think it's a bat.

I have searched and searched this house and cannot find a bird. Birds are stupid and try to fly through windows that are closed. Bats are sneaky, don't care for the light and hide in inconspicuous places like behind curtains... Inside large decorative vessels...
Or inside my pillowcase.

I am sure it will come out tonight when it's dark and he and Wilbur will have quite the party. Oh the joys I have to look forward to!

Here are some recent finds that will be making it into the shop. (some already have) This old Parisian bracelet is full of charm. (~no pun intended!~)


This vintage
sea shell box has been blinged out with some rhinestones and is decoupaged in the inside with sheet music...


I really don't know what this is but it sure is pretty! It has the most delicate lillies of the valley on it. It's so much larger than a sugar dish, I wish the photo would convey that. (it's about 2-3 times the size) Perhaps for soup for 2? Anyone? Anyone? Ferris?


This old horseshoe called out to me for embellishment and right now I really wish it would bring me some luck!


Finally, I just love this old napkin set! It's made with old wire and trimmed in velvet. Just fab!

O.k. back on bat patrol. Wish me luck...




11 comments:

Sugar Bear said...

Oh dear! In my previous home we had two bat incidents. The first time they made a home in the attic right above my room - oh that was fun! The second time we had a bat in the house at night flying around - I was still living with my parents and I locked myself in the bathroom - my father went trolling around and finally found it in my room of course! I slept with the light on all night! This was only 5 years ago! Hope you find that little guy.
Karla

Barbara Jacksier said...

Beautiful finds, now I hope you find your mystery guest (s). Squirrels perhaps?

Jenny said...

I think its a soup tureen.
Love the charm bracelet!

a said...

soup tureen? or a biscuit jar:) beautiful finds as always! Ok I could help you catch that bird or bat:( I have caught many when I lived in the cabin..they would fly in if we opened the patio door once in awhile at night:(

FrenchGardenHouse said...

eek! bats! A bird is bad enough, I've chased a few of those around fearing the cat would get it first. But bats are a whole other thing. Get the helmet, sweetie.
Hope you find him.:)
xo Lidy

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh yuck a bat!!!
Don't think I could sleep until I found it
Alison

Natasha Burns said...

great finds Joy!
Eeeeeek a bat!!!! I hope it disappears fast! I heard something in our roof yesterday, I think we have birds making nests... at least, I hope we don't have bats - or the equivalent here, flying foxes.... i did see some flying out at night last week... yuck!

Janet said...

A BAT!!?

Please tell me you slept last night? With a helmet??

And you changed your blog pic! It's gorgeous!!

I ask you-- why oh why to I have to be best friends with someone who looks like a freakin' supermodel??
;)

karin (creativechaos) said...

Yikes....a bat!!! I hope you find him soon!!!

Ragamuffin Gal said...

I love you sense of humor and reading you blog posts. Your Mother's Day gift is so elegantly thoughful and very much from the heart. I wish mine was more that way. You are inspiring! Thanks for blessing me today! Katie

pedalpower said...

Yikes! They're fine outside, but I hate them inside. We had several until we found where they were coming in (a half inch gap at the top of the chimney). Luckily we haven't had any since. Good luck. I totally freak out, hide under something and scream like crazy when I see one inside....my hubby is pretty good at coming to my rescue. He has no choice. once I see one, I won't let him go back to bed until it's caught.