May 6, 2008

Recent Finds


Good morning! Thought I'd give you an update on the bottle cleaning. I went out and bought Polident yesterday and tried soaking a couple of bottles in it for 20 mins. Didn't really work. However, the bottle I had left in the solution for a couple of hours seemed less foggy/milky. So maybe it does, a little!

O.k., on to some recent finds...


New in my shop - vintage auction paddles. I actually won them in an auction - how befitting! I just love their simplicity.



This mini vintage
loving cup is also listed in my shop. It is such a cutie!



I found these old Christmas decorations at a church rummage sale. I think everyone passed them by because they looked plastic HOWEVER they are actually mercury glass! What a find! I haven't seen anything like them on ebay but then again it is May after all...



I saw this old bassinet at the Flea Market this past Sunday and hubby surprised me with it. I can't wait to put a floral trailing basket in it.



Speaking of hubby, it's his birthday tomorrow and I have to get organized and get a couple of more things for his birthday. The man is impossible to buy for. I mean, what do you get the man who has everything and needs nothing? (well, I guess nothing!)


Oh, one more thing! I just listed another set of Dinner Party Bottled Fortunes©. This set has an old world feel...



Ciao Bellas!


11 comments:

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles said...

How funny I just bought this beautiful crystal pitcher yesterday that is a little dingy and I was wondering if there was something I could use to clean it better. Ill try the polident.
also my husband is also hard to buy for, he saids he doesnt want or need anything as long as im happy he is happy, so on that note I go and buy something for myself and tell him this is his gift a happy wife...lol..
smiles,
Sandy

Shabbyfufu said...

Hi Joy......love the paddles, you have a great eye my friend! The bottles are fabulous too....so original. Hope you are making more, I may have to pop in for some! ~XO~Janet

Natalea said...

Joy! I just wanted to say that I got my package yesterday and LOVE my purchases! I blogged about your shop...come on over and visit! Those bottles are gorgeous! keep making them...
xo natalea

Sugar Bear said...

Foggy bottles can be a good thing - more history and aura! The paddles and bassinet are great finds as are the loving cup and ornaments - so sweet.
Karla

Shabby Miss Jenn said...

OMG LOOOVE that bassinet!!!!!

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh I do love that bassinet.
Alison

quiltdoggie said...

ohhhhh! what a treasure hunt when I stop by here! love the paddles, totally adore the bassinet and guess what?? my VINTAGE letters arrived yesterday . . . . love them, too! Thanks, my friend :) and Happy Birthday Joy's Hubby!

Joy at Cupids Charm said...

Hello Joy! What fun finds! The paddles are great...never seen those on my flea market adventures! Have a great week ~ xoxo ~ Joy J.

Beth Leintz said...

Darn, I was hoping you had the answer to the cloudy bottle problem! The auction paddles are great- we do like the same things!

I LOVE that wire basket-your hubby is a sweetie!

heidi said...

hi joy ~ love the bassinet, it's going to look fab full of blooms! i'm going to have to try the polident trick, sounds like a good one! xo heidi

Lori said...

Hi Joy! I just found your blog! I love looking through the older posts to see all your finds. You do have incredible taste! I like your bottle idea. I have been making some bottle bracelets lately - but I need more bottles. I like yours... do you sell them, just the bottles?