May 13, 2008

Vintage Finds


I have had this old stamp holder for a while now and it just came to me that some of my vintage test tubes would look fab snuggled up in there. And of course some vintage cream and ivory colored buttons had to work their way in too!



Ohmigosh, I went to a tag sale on Saturday twice. I headed straight for the basement as I usually do. That's usually where you find the BEST stuff - at really good prices. I scored two of these old sheet music books for just $2!



The owner added the scores by hand. It makes my heart go pitter patter!



When I went back for a 'second sweep' as I like to call it, I found a box of old Halloween decorations. How did I miss this the first time? How was it not snatched up by someone else? I guess it was meant to be. The owl is actually a stand, highly embossed and is stamped 'Made in Germany' on the back. It came in a box with some other goodies for $2 bucks!


I picked up this old frame there too. I like the fact that is has the original glass receipt inside. I can never resist an old frame. They just beg to be made over.



In other news...


My BFF Janet has finally opened her new online shop Gifted. This girl is gifted! If you ever need a custom-designed basket, look no further. Janet's eye for detail is phenomenal. She also features a 'vintage' division on her site which I love. Be sure and check her out! :)


Things are busy here - we're getting ready to go to San Fran at the end of this week. I am sooooo excited! I will be closing down my website for a week for some maintenance and changes. Exciting stuff!


11 comments:

Rosie's Whimsy said...

What a great haul! My daughter is collecting owls for her baby's nursery. I wish I would have found that for her! Good job :-)

Beth Leintz said...

You probably already know this, but Halloween + Germany on eBay = $$$.

Have fun in San Francisco- how could you not!

Alison Gibbs said...

What great finds at the tag sale.
Love the music book.
Your buttons look fabulous displayed that way
Alison

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles said...

wonderful finds! love what you did with the stamp holder!
smiles,
Sandy

Natasha Burns said...

Joy another great bunch of goodness! What bargains! Loving the way you have put test tubes in the stamp holder

Shabbyfufu said...

Hi Joy....as always, you have such a creative original way about your style:-). Off to check out your BFF's site. If her name is Janet, it has to be fab...lol! ~XO~ Janet

Sweet Repose said...

Great finds...I just hit an 'after the tag sale' sale...what treasures to be found there before they tear the house down. I also got a stamp holder, but mine is more of the shabby and not the chic, all rust, but much character.
sharon

ann~vintage whisper said...

great finds joy...i have one of those stamp holders...i put my nail polish bottles in the stamp clips in my linen closet! ann

Teresa ~ French Poppy said...

I just adore all your vintage goodness!

Teresa

Janet said...

Thanks for the great press, gul!

Dapoppins said...

what wonderful treasures! I never find stuff like this!