Jun 19, 2008

'Bottle Beautiful'


So this idea hits me in the shower....you know when you bring a bottle of wine as a hostess gift but you want it to look nice? I rarely ever use those wine bags, I usually tie a pretty ribbon on and embellish it in some way.


Well, it came to me that I would make a 'wine cuff' - a decorative cuff that turns an ordinary bottle of wine into a 'Bottle Beautiful'. I must say my sister came up with that name. (thanks Mel!)



They slip easily over the neck of any standard wine bottle. (or any other bottled drink for that matter, including a decorative soap bottle by the sink)



They are completely re-usable so the recipient can keep it and continue to dress up her wine bottles...



Or she can do the unthinkable - re-gift!
lol



They're now in my shop...




And so I leave you with this famous quote:

I cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food.
W.C. Fields




11 comments:

Cheryl said...

So clever! I love the wine cuffs! They are so lovely.

IsabellaCloset said...

Joy, I love the wine garter. They are a great way to add fun to any bottle!
Blessings & hugs~Mary~ :-}

Jennifer said...

Great, great idea Joy!!!!!!!

Robolady said...

Very Cute, they remind me of garters.
Your hosts will be most pleased by this beautiful gift.
Margo

Susan said...

Brilliant idea! They are so pretty, too!

Sarah said...

These are GREAT! What a fantastic idea!
Sarah
Vintage Lily
www.vintagelily.typepad.com

Jenn said...

Oh, so cute! Love them! p.s. I am loving my vintage tin roof square!

Sher said...

Absolutely FABULOUS idea - and they look gorgeous my dear. It's been awhile since we've chatted - I hope all is well in your neck of the woods!!! I got my Card sweets - and my lovely little Irish goodies inside!! Joy - thank you for thinking of me! I LOVED recieving it :)
xoxo Sher

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I love to get bottles of wine, it would be even better to get one all dressed up!

Mélanie said...

So beautiful and inspiring !!

Keith Cangiarella said...

Very nice msg about gift in bottle. The Beautiful Bottle gift that will make them smile and be treasured for a lifetime.
The Original Message in a Bottle Shop

http://www.bottlemeamessage.com/
Thanks