Jun 16, 2008

Dutch Treat ...


As many of you might know, both of my parents are Dutch, they met here in Canada approximately 50 years ago. Thought I'd share one of my favorite Dutch treats with you...wonderful, colorful sugary sprinkles ("Vruchten Hagel") that you douse onto "crispbakes" - round crisp toasts. Aren't they the prettiest color?



They're such a nice treat with tea and the kids love them too. I get them from a local Dutch store.


After 10 weeks of waiting, we finally got our carpet...they cut it a little short but it still warms up the room. Mr. Wilbur of course had to get into the shot. Now that that I am looking at this shot I am thinking - light carpet, big dog.


What was I thinking??!!



Anyway, in other news...


Natalea from Kandeland gave me this wonderful Arte Y Pico Award



This Award is "dedicated to many who nourish and enrich the spirit and creativity" as described by it's originator - http://arteypico.blogspot.com. I am so thrilled, thanks Natalea, you're a sweetie!

I would like to pass this on to a couple of girls who inspire me -
my bff Janet, Ruth (my cyber bff!)

and a new friend I recently found in blogland - KayEllen! ...

I would give it to my sister Melody but she doesn't have a blog....but check her out on Flickr. She is uber talented! :)



Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!


6 comments:

Outstanding Stranger said...

Loved seeing the yummy Dutch treat..yumm I am going over to flickr to check out your Sister...Have a beautiful day..

KayEllen said...

Oh my goodness!!!
Joy... I'm so honored to be added to your award list!
I'm just getting my feet wet with blogging and now fun with flickr!!!

Can't wait to check out the other sites you mentioned!

Thank you:)
kayellen

Shabbyfufu said...

Hi Joy....I did not know that your parents are Dutch. Our dear next door neighbor of the past 18 yrs is from Holland and we have had many a great Dutch meal over there! Congrats on your award...XO~ Janet

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Joy, thank you for stopping by. I just love your living room and all you've done to it. Beautiful!

Rhoda

*The Beautiful Life* said...

Joy! You are a dear! Thank you so much!! I will surely pass on my award (I wish I could give it to you, but I guess that's not how it works...) :) Thank you, again. Maybe one day we will actually meet! -- Blessings, friend. -- Ruth

blazedanielle said...

What a fun blog and etsy store you have!! So elegant and pretty!! :)