Jun 4, 2008

Goodness Snakes Alive! Part II


Just a few minor glitches around our waterfall feature this year...



First and most IMPORTANT:


I was weeding atop said waterfall last week when I reached down and came eye-to-beady-eye with


A SNAKE.


Well, I think we all know how much I like snakes....



Just ask my dear sister-in-law Sharon who was on the phone with me at the time. I think I might have blown her ear drum out. Sharon, please forgive me.


Let me just say that this horrible, horrible creature was not afraid of me. No, no. He was just layin' there catchin' some rays while simultaneously taking years off of my life. Poof! Ten years obliterated from my life span as I ran like a crazy woman to the inside of the house.



O.K. On to the second problem. Our waterfall which was only installed 2 years ago has a leak.

A BIG leak.


No sooner do we fill it up, it's empty again. Do you know how hard it is to find a leak in a waterfall that now has flowers and shrubs growing all around it? We have to call our pond guy and see if he can fix it. I'm sure he'll be thrilled. About as thrilled as I was to find yet another snake. I hate snakes! Have I mentioned that? Really, that's all I care about right now. Where there's one - there's more. And after this debacle happened to me a few years back I am seriously contemplating moving into a condo!


7 comments:

LiLi M. said...

Wow your waterfall is just gorgeous. We have to be sattified with a pond as a lack of heights up here, fortunately we don't have snakes either!

Janet said...

Oh, so *that's* what that high-pitched sound was... (I think I heard it from eight miles away!)
;)
Poor thing-- next time call me!
I'm not a-feared!

Robolady said...

How terrifying. Was it a bad snake or a good snake? Sorry about your waterfall, We had a small pond in our old home and it ended up being more trouble than it was worth. We have decided not to put one in at our new house, too many leaves and debris to deal with. HOpe you find your leak.
Margo

LivingTheLife said...

I think the snake put the hole in your pond!! YES! I can not stand snakes either...that is why I am blaming him. We had a bad thunderstorm a few weeks back, with high winds, torrential rains, lots of lighting and terrible thunder (which I secretly like)...anyhoosliebees...when I went out on to my back patio to check for damage...I saw a little stream of water in the middle of the porch. It is a stone porch...so it looked much like water was just settling between the stones. I was curious as to how "just" that area had water...when all around it, it was dry....NOT WATER...SNAKE...RAN...SCREAMED...scurried into the house...slammed the door and LOCKED it...yea! I certainly showed him...I sure hope he doesn't find my hidden key!

Blessings...
Teresa

Brenda Kula said...

Yeah, I've had that exact thing happen. I had a waterfall, though small, put in. It leaked from the moment we put it in. For three months I toiled with the "pond guy." Gave up and tore it down. The leak was somewhere between the pond pump and the beginning of the waterfall. Spent a fortune on water! I now have plants and herbs where the waterfall was. I know this is not helping you any. Just thought I'd share my experience. Is the leak in the actual pond or in the water line between the pond and the waterfall? Feel free to email me!
Brenda
Brenda

Kathy said...

I just had to leave a comment on how much I just enjoyed visiting your blog. Each post/picture just got better and better.

Your most recent post about the snakes, and also the link to the older snake post, gave me a little laugh. I kind of hate to admit that, but it wasn't at your horror, it was just the way you wrote about it.

Then it was your gorgeous bottles with Lily of the Valley...

and then a picture of an incredibly cute dog...

and then San Francisco...

some of my very favorite things!!!
(not the snakes of course)

The Paris Apartment said...

oh god that's horrifying! mostly cause he wasn't afraid of you! can't you get some sort of high pitched snake repeller or something?