Jun 23, 2008

More Vintage Treasures


I've been making these old door plate hooks for a while now and just love them in the bath to hold towels or bathrobes...they're also great to hang your purse or your apron on too!


This one is chippy and the most fabulous shade of pink. Now in my shop - click here to view.



The door plates I had gotten from Carol a while back. I just love the fleur de lys detailing on them. The ivory one can be found here.



I tinkered around with this project on Saturday and I don't know if I can let it go or not...



It's a Dog Show Trophy from 1957 which I encased in an old cream display box. I added some millinery flowers to soften it up a bit. Still not sure if I will keep it or sell it!


*********


Remember this little guy that I blogged about here?



Well, I put him up on ebay and the auction ended today. Click *here* to see the final winning bid - I was FLOORED!




15 comments:

fromthepines said...

Joy,

Holy Sh**! I 'd be floored too! Don't you love it when this happens? That's why I love ebay.

I like your door handles too - cool idea!

Cheryl

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Oh, good for you! There is a HUGE and very competitive audience out there for vintage Halloween things. congrats, sweetie. Find a few more of those.:)
xo Lidy

pedalpower said...

Love the door plate hooks, and my gosh, you hit gold with that halloween decoration!!

Kim's Treasures said...

Joy~
All I can say is "oh my word"! I shouldn't be surprised...my gf sold Legos from the 80's in an unopened box for almost $300 too! Wow!!!

LOVE the door handles!!!

Kim

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

What a hoot!
sorry, couldn't resist!
Hello to Wilbur!

Robolady said...

Wow, congrats on the owl, you didn't know what you had there. Love the door hooks too, might just have to borrow that idea ;)
Hope those other halloween decorations do as well.
Margo

Cami said...

Congrats on your owl! Don't ya love it when that happens? The very first thing I ever sold on eBay was a lady head vase I paid 75 cents for and the auction ended @ 127.50 and I about died. Addicted from that day forward. What a fun blog!!! I will be back.

The Paris Apartment said...

Woah! Note to self, look for owl things! I adore your hooks. Those plates are so full of detail!
Great idea smart lady!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I think you should keep the trophy and put a new label on it that says

1st Place Champion Owl Seller

Susan said...

Wow! That was really amazing! I need to try ebay!

KayEllen said...

Oh my goodness Joy! Thats' so cool:)
Makes me want to ebay some old goodies:)

kayellen

RaisedInCotton said...

Oh Joy they are just wonderful!!!!
You did such an awesome job with them.

Thank You:)
Carol

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Well, I would be floored too!! That is fantastic! How'd ya do that anyway?? LOL!

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! GOOD thing you put it on ebay and didn't just price it in your shop! lol

I loved that pink one! xoxo

A rootdigger said...

ever see those old gold home interior sconces something like your picture with the little knob. I suppose one could substitute knob for candel sconce holder.......
You inspire me!
jo