Jun 25, 2008

The Process...


Every now and then I spot a diamond in the rough. I have walked by this certain trophy cup at my local flea market for months now. This past Sunday it finally came home with me.



I decided it needed a shabby makeover. I have been working so much in the cream and brown family lately that I thought I should go over the top with this one.... I decided to paint the base my fav shade of 'antique white'....



And added a pretty pink porcelain flower as well as some millinery...



And of course I had to add the *bling*!



Et voila!

She's ready for her spotlight Mr. Demille. :)
(now listed on my site - here.)



I never start with a plan - just an idea. The creative juices always get going better that way. Hope you enjoyed 'the process'!




7 comments:

Heather said...

Oh what a cute make over!! Great job. Its so pretty now.

Sugar Bear said...

Oh she is a beauty! Great job.
Karla

Scrappy Jessi said...

hey there doll,
this is fabulous!!
hope all is well.

oxoxox,
jessi

KayEllen said...

nice to see before and after...
great job:)

kayellen

Kelley said...

I like it no I love it. Very pretty and orginal. I'll be visiting again to see what your talent has in store for us.
Enjoy!
Kelley

Shabbyfufu said...

Very sweet Joy......Janet

Natasha Burns said...

So looooooooooovely Joy! Great to see all the steps and the wonderful vision you had for it!