Jun 9, 2008

Shades of Inspiration


The ever-talented Sara of Sadie Olive has introduced a new Flickr Group called Shades of Inspiration.

It's a photo challenge that assigns a new color each week to photograph and find inspiration in. In case you don't know, Flickr is a free service provided by Yahoo that allows you to upload your photos and share them online. You needn't be a professional - just someone who enjoys taking pictures. :)

Guess what color this week is?



Isn't ivy the quintessential green?



I just love the 'verdi' green on this old bottle. With age, it just gets better and better - just like me! HA! ;)



And finally an old locker basket...



I actually have three of them hooked onto the wall outside and they are a great catch-all for Wilbur's toys, the kids toys, etc.


Anyway, if you're interested come and join us for more Shades of Inspiration. It's a wonderful way to see that God really is in the details....


13 comments:

Brenda Kula said...

Hey, I love your green baskets on the wall! What a great idea! I forgot all about the green, though now I recall reading Sara's color earlier today. But fortunately, and perhaps somehow knowingly, I posted a nice green plant today anyway!
Brenda

Janet said...

Love the green pics, gul!

I should join Sara's group... Lord knows I've got enough green going on around here!!

Robolady said...

Love what you did with the locker baskets.

ann~vintage whisper said...

Hi Joy...Sara is a doll! I played along last week with RED! it was fun...I am going GREEN this week on my blog but I don't have a flicker account... Happy Tuesday! Ann

Natalea said...

Joy, please come visit my blog and "collect" your award! (loving all that green goodness!)
xo natalea

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles said...

Great pictures as usuall!
smiles,
Sandy

Sugar Bear said...

Great greens - esp. like your outdoor storage system.
Karla

LIBERTY POST EDITOR said...

I remember these old locker baskets from the Granite Club in Toronto. I loved it there. These look great.

A Fanciful Twist said...

Oh yay!! green won!! I am so slow at Flickr. I am still trying to get the hang of it... But, I LOVE it!! Must go play with green!! Love your photos!! xoxo

Saucy said...

I really will check this out on flickr because I adore green! Just love it. Thanks!

Natasha Burns said...

I love your green and especially love the verdigris on the bottle, divine! You've captured it so well Joy!

Shabbyfufu said...

I love all of your green photos Joy! Aren't those old locker baskets great for storage?? I keep all of my collection of vintage printed napkins stored away in mine. ~XO~ Janet

A rootdigger said...

That Verdigrie[msp] green bottle is a genie bottle for sure. would be fun.