Jun 3, 2008

That Time of Year...


Such a fragrant time of year, isn't it? I just love lily of the valley. I stick the delicate sprigs into any type of vessel I can. I purchased these small bottles in CA and tied on vintage enamelware tags that came from France....



I always keep a small vase on my bedside table and during the night when I inevitably toss and turn, the fresh scent always makes me smile...snoring husband beside me, or not.



Peonies are another fav of mine. My mother gave me cuttings from my grandmother's plant a couple of years ago and I'm happy to say they've done quite well. I have since split that plant into another 2 and they are growing much like my son and his hollow leg. Like wildfire!



My poor Wilbur. He has the worst cold. I swear he sneezes at least 15 times day. I actually had to wipe his nose with a Kleenex the other day - no word of a lie! And then he starts breathing weird. Not sure why he does that part. This photo was taken a few days ago and he desperately looks like he wants to tell me something. (probably "Can't you see I'm sick? Put down the camera woman!")



I'm trying desperately to get back into the swing of things. Is anyone else experiencing this? Spring has been delayed here with very cool weather - so much so that we don't even have our pool open yet. It has been raining on and off for the past 3 days and I have only just planted all of my window boxes. I am hoping the sun comes out soon and brings with it some nice warm weather.


Hope things are sunny in your neck of the woods!


8 comments:

LiLi M. said...

Lilies of the valley as well as peonies are favorites of mine too! I wonder can a dog have hayfever? It's the time now!

Janet said...

Poor Wilbur! Give him a hug from me!
J.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

We are past the peonies and lily of the valley here, and I miss them already.

Sandra Evertson said...

Your photos are so lovely and that pup, Adorable!
Sandra Evertson

*The Beautiful Life* said...

Oh dear, sweet Wilbur! I so wish I could just hug him!! Poor baby!
I wonder if he could have Spring-time allergies?? You never know...? Have you tried giving him a bit of Benedryl? Anyway, the pics are beautiful -- I see there is one way we are NOT alike...I have a black thumb, whereas you have a green thumb...Oh well... :)
Ruth

Robolady said...

Ok, Joy, I want some of those numbers on those bottles. WHat are they made of, I'm serious, I'll give you my first born ;)
So funny that you posted that one with the test tubes in it. I did a project this week just like it, only with a twist.
Give Wilbur a kiss for me, have you taken him to the vet?
Margo
PS get back to me on those numbers, I've been looking for something like that for years.

Robolady said...

Joy you made the front page of RoboJunker.com this week and you are mentioned on my blog entry today.
Thanks for your inspiriaton.
Margo

Dapoppins said...

It has been raining a ton here too. but look I think I see blue sky...

Oh, and give that poor doggy a hug for me, will you?