Jun 22, 2008

Vintage Finds


Best deal of the day at yesterday's yard sales?


This vintage white chair. I had bought some fabulous old linens from a local real estate agent and then inquired about this lone chair which was holding a couple of Tim Horton's coffee's on the seat. (Canadian version of Starbuck's)

"Oh that?" she replied, "...You can have that for free. It was part of a desk set but the buyer didn't want it."

Well, thankyouverymuch! Free works for me. That was definitely the best deal of the day!




I picked up this old brass stamp holder at my last stop hoping these old test tubes I had at home would fit in it. I was thinking it would be neat to hold salt and pepper in them and cork the tops...



I just love this old beaded plant hanger. It just wouldn't be the same in other other color but pink. It has wonderful scalloped detailing with white beads on the sides. Currently on ebay...



This is a very old bottle that finally got a makeover with one of my old labels along with some millinery, bling and fringe....



I don't know if I can part with this old display stand or not. I purchased it on ebay and think I paid more for the shipping then I did for the piece itself! One of my old doctor's prescriptions found it's way inside. Very interchangeable though and I can see getting a lot of use out of it...for birthday's, holidays etc.



Hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing weekend. Now on to next week. My kids only have 2 more days of school left and I plan to use those two days to the best of my abilities!




10 comments:

Anita said...

Hi Joy!
I would have loaded that chair and ran or drove as fast I could in case she changed her mind....darling - my style! I adore the pink beaded hanging planter. I will take the old display stand if you ever part with it!!! Great photos!!
Anita~

Brenda Kula said...

Oh my, the free beautiful chair! If you're this lucky, maybe you need to buy a lottery ticket! I don't know if I could part with that display stand. I'm always doing away with things and then kicking myself till I'm black and blue for it later!
Brenda

Outstanding Stranger said...

Well, I am having my coffee with you again this morning...Love the chair what a score...FREE. Love the redo on the bottle, it is lovely. Diane

pedalpower said...

Good grief...you got that chair for free?!! I can't imagine someone buying a desk and leaving that there...it's darling.

Alison Gibbs said...

What a great chair and free!!
That is a great display stand
Alison

Alice W. said...

Gorgeous Joy! I love it all! Especially the old bottle!

Shabbyfufu said...

The old "cheap is good, free is better"~lol! Great chair and as usual you really know how to style things:-)~XO~ Janet

Jerusalem said...

What great old finds! Love 'em!

Sugar Bear said...

Oh wow - free definitely works esp. for such a great piece! Fabulous other finds as well.
Karla

Sandy said...

What great finds and DEALS! Great pix!

Sandy xox