Jul 13, 2008

I am the Mother of a Teenager!


Time sure does fly...



Saturday marked a milestone for my son Jack - he turned 13! We had a lovely warm, sunny day and he celebrated with some friends. Hubby provided the entertainment by letting them jump out of his construction lift into the pool. They loved it! (me, notsomuch)




Speaking of hubby, he had to unload the concrete clam shell out of the back of his truck so he just stick it into our front flower bed. I want it moved but have a feeling that in 5 years it will still be in this exact place!



Made some more of my 'Place in Time' clocks....I just love the unique design of this old metal one...



This one features a photograph of the 'Great Hall' in Warrick Castle - a very British Colonial look...



And finally another Champs Elysees photo with the Arch de Triomphe in the background.



It's funny because each clock is so different. Some can be easy to transform, others can be a nightmare! I always trying to leave the inner workings inside because I like the weight they provide and sometimes they will still 'tick' which I think is neat.


Hope you all had a lovely weekend!


10 comments:

tricia said...

I love your clocks. I mean really really love them. Such a great idea!

*The Beautiful Life* said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet son!
(Though I think he'd hate being called "sweet"!). :)
Looks like you all had a great time and your yard is just gorgeous!
Aren't these great days? Just wonderful.
Louis Armstrong said it best: "What a wonderful world..."
-Ruth

LiLi M. said...

Congrats on being the mum of a teenager now or a mum for 13 years, you may choose yourself and congrats to your son too!! Yes time is running isn't it especially when you have children. Your clocks are beautiful again! Have a nice day!

Sugar Bear said...

Happy birthday to your son! Your pool area looks wonderful. I would just want to spend all day there. Your clocks are so unique and fun.
Karla

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your son....that did look like fun, jumping into the pool...lol
I just love your clocks...they're so creative.
By the way...I received my things that I ordered from you. Very pleased and thank you!
Terri
http://www.islandwriter.net

quiltdoggie said...

Ohhhhhh! The teen years!! Congrats to Jack and to you, too!! BTW, I think the clamshell looks perfect right where it is!

Robolady said...

congrats to your son. And for you, the adventure is just beginning.
Love the clocks. I have an empty one that I keep meaning to try your idea on, I just haven't found the right picture. My clock has no glass either, it's an empty shell.
Love your french stamp. I found the stamps online, but can't bring myself to put down 30.00 for them, just yet.
Margo

View my blog at:
http://robolady.blogspot.com/

Denise said...

love that clam shell. Are those clocks for sale?? They are so awesome!

bec4 said...

I absolutely love these clocks. I can't bring myself to tear my clocks apart yet, but one of these days I will because they are so cute!

Sandy Michelle said...

Happy belated birthday to your adorable son Jack. What a way to celebrate:) I LOVE your clocks girl! I was admiring them on flickr the other day!

Sandy XOX