Jul 4, 2008

Shades Of Inspiration


This week's color is PINK!


I know this photo is quite over-exposed...but I liked the way it made the butterflies appear ethereal...



This is an old beauty that my mother gave to my daughter when she was just a baby. I just love the delicate scrolly edges of it...



I just love dragging out my shells once summer comes, I miss them so during the harsh winter months. I'd have them out year round but really, shells just look ridiculous displayed in Canadian winter!



This is a vintage book cover that I framed, I couldn't resist. I always have a good chuckle when I walk by it. Good wives indeed! (wonder if there's a sequel entitled "Bad Wives"?)




And finally, an old clothes pin dress that I found at a house sale....covered in tiny rosebuds. Yummy.




Happy 4th to all my my American friends - hope you all have a lovely holiday weekend!


12 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Shell pink is the best!

Alice W. said...

Gorgeous! I love all your pinks...and your photos are stunning...as usual!!! Happy 4th!

Brenda Kula said...

"Good Wives" should probably be "Stepford Wives!" Love your sweet photos. I need to find some seashells. It's not like I'm near a beach or anything. So I guess it's the store for me!
Brenda

Jackie said...

Love all the pinks!! The shells are beautiful - I really love your white coral! I'm also loving the clock faces next the beautiful cup from your mom!

Barb said...

I love your pinks. Pink is such a happy color. Good Wives, hmmm.... there must be a sequel!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Barb

LiLi M. said...

great pictures!! Did you stamp that closes hanger (is this the right word, it's too late for the dictionary) yourself? Great idea (if not great idea too!)
Just another Friday for the both of us, but I wish you a happy and creative day too!

Scrappy Jessi said...

hey doll,
happy 4th july
oxoox,
jessi

kayellen said...

Pretty Joy!
Love the buttons in the jar:)

Have a great weekend!

kayellen

Sherri said...

Love the photos!! I too bring out Seashells for the summer months...Just something about them!! "Good Wives" framed is so funny! I love the frame - Mine would have to be titled Internet Wives as I'm always on! heehee :)
Thanks for sharing Joy!
xo Sher

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage said...

Joy ~
Your pink pictures are so pretty !! You are an awesome photographer ~
Pink has to be my very favorite color ~
xoxo,
Lori

Siobhan said...

Your pink shell is beautiful Joy!

Alison Gibbs said...

Such pretty pinks.
Now it is onto some browns
Alison