Jul 29, 2008

A Shop - and Wilbur - Update!


Well ladies, I'm about as happy as my window boxes right now. Don't they look happy? ...



I don't know HOW this happened, or should I say, didn't happen but Wilbur did not explode! Not even a little bit! Now I know most of you have dogs that can probably handle a few smoked sausages with no problem, but Wilbur has such an extremely sensitive stomach that literally anything besides his treats or dog food will set him off. And it ain't pretty! Well, we braced ourselves all weekend long, but nothing really bad came of it. As I say,
"Crisis averted!".



I've got some new goodies getting ready to go into the shop. We went to a large flea market in Quebec today and hubby actually dragged all of us out of bed at 6:00 a.m. this morning so we could get there early. There is something about 6:00 a.m. that I just don't like. (and I'm pretty sure 6:00 a.m. feels the same way about me) Ugh. Anyway, I picked up this fabulous old lock. It's a large one - the largest I've ever come across and the colors on it are amazing. I literally did not touch this except for the stamp and the key.



I also picked up three of these old heater grates. They can stand alone and I love to stick old photos or postcards in them...magnets stick well on them too. (p.s. that photo is of hubby and his sister when they were young!)



I guess the cream colored items were following me home today...I scored two of these old French street signs....



And finally, old apothecary bottles. These are so sweet and would be perfect in the bath!



All of these items will be going in the shop tonight/tomorrow(ish). I can't believe I'm not keeping any of them! Well, like Wilbur, I can show great restraint when I need to...


;)



16 comments:

Leah C said...

Oh I so want one of those grates...hope I get to your shop before they're sold out:)

Jackie said...

Fantastic finds!! Your window box and garden are amazing! We're redoing our yard (it was ripped out to remodel), but with water rationing in Calif., I don't think I'll be lucky enough to have anything that looks like that! Glad Wilbur is fine!

Denise said...

Its great you didn't have any trouble.......whew....thats good he's just fine.
Love your new finds...you always have great things!

Leah C said...

Thank you Joy! I think I got the last grate:) Woohoo!
P.S. Your flower boxes ought to be featured in a magazine...they are so pretty:)

Blueberry Buttons said...

Joy, I love your site! You have alot of pretty things to show. Love your dog. I used to have an Old English Sheepdog, miss him :(
Love the grates. I haven't seen any like that around here. Neat finds and love your bottles.
Cheryl

Joyce Mineer said...

Seriously, I have been checking your blog everyday, sometimes twice, since last Friday night hoping for a Wilbur update! My husband and I laughed so hard at your story (sorry, I know, at your expense) that we couldnt' wait to learn the outcome (uhh...you know what I mean). How wonderful to learn that Wilbur seems to have come through the incident unscathed and unaffected! Whew, you guys really dodged that bullet! Give him a pat for us won't you?!

Kim's Treasures said...

You found some wonderful treasures! So glad Wilbur is fine! Our dog is the same way...only her food, her treats and some dry carbs (like toast and cereal) nothing with fat, nothing else period!
Have a great day!
Kim

Robolady said...

I love everything you picked up. I may just have to check out those street signs. I'd love to use that great grate idea as a quick project on robojunker.com Do I have permission?
Margo

Shabbyfufu said...

Hi Joy....oh no, poor Wilbur~I hope that he is fine now. Great finds....I am running over to take a peek! ~XO~ Janet

*The Beautiful Life* said...

Well at least somebody can show restraint...I already purchased one of the signs and one of the grates. OH WAIT! I now that I think about it, I actually DID show restraint -- I had the lock in my cart but had to make some tough decisions and took it back out again. WOW! I can say no to myself!!
Who am I kidding, I'm heading over to The Hope Jar now to see if its still there!!!
Outta here!!
=Ruth

*The Beautiful Life* said...

Restraint is WAYYYY overrated!!

The LOCK IS SOLD!!!!

Listen, ladies -- if you see it & love it, BUY IT!! :)

=Ruth

Aunt Mimi's Creations! said...

What beautiful flowers! I like all the little treasures too!

Sandra Evertson said...

That big ol pup is Adorable!
Sandra

Casa Mia * My House * said...

Beautiful, I love the grates! Glad Wilbur is fine. So you were in my neck of the woods, where in Quebec did you venture to?

Mrs. Jones said...

Beautiful flower boxes!! What kind are the organge flowers?

Wilbur is officially the cutest dog in the universe.

~Heather

Cali Homemaker said...

I just love looking through your pics.. so many pretty things to see and your dog is just tooooo cute!!!