Jul 20, 2008

Show and Tell Sunday


Sweet Cerri from Little Pink Studio is hosting another fab Show and Tell Sunday - this one featuring ephemera. Here are some of the stashes that I have around the house....


These old dye packets are classic cream and black. It's a wonder they never got tossed to the trash over the years...



These are the old ledger checks that I carry on my site. I love the font on the them...



And antique labels that I sell too...



This is a collage that I made with my all time fav piece of ephemera. I color photocopied it and then tore it into pieces to make a collage. (this is currently for sale on my site too)



I actually used some of my old doctor's prescriptions in it too...the hand writing is to die for!



I also love to collect and display old black and white souvenir postcards. Their simplicity is divine...



Another love of mine - old seed packets - the graphics are crisp and clean on these babies!



And price tags. They make me feel like a kid in a candy store!



This is a page from an old children's book. I can't remember where I got it, I just wish I had the whole book!



Ahhhh, old die cuts. So many uses, so little time...



This is where I love to stash most of my ephemera. I love to say 'most' because really, I'm not that organized. I read a funny quote once - "People who are organized are just too lazy to look for things." That would be me. Life would just be too easy that way! lol



Have a great Sunday everyone!


25 comments:

dollybelle said...

Wow great stuff! I love the die cut roses and the black and white photos especially! But the organizer cabinet!! That is enough to inspire and clutter bug! Wonderful!
xoxo
Dollybelle

Joanna {sweet finds} said...

I love your collection. You have some great items! xoxo, Joanna

She'sSewPretty said...

That collage is beautiful and gives me something to think about. I have tons of paper and I never know what to do with it.

ABOUT ME said...

What a great collection! And the shelves you hold them in are to die for. My fav item is the black and white Eiffel Tower postcard. Have a great day!

Attic Charm said...

Ooh I WANT that storage cabinet lol. Love your blog and shop, so glad I came to visit!

LiLi M. said...

I love your ephemera! and your chest of drawers is to die for! I'm lazy too, so I have to have one after your explanation! Have a nice sunday!

Beth Leintz said...

I love old price tags, too! Love your paper goodies, but of course,just like everybody else, I'm lusting after all those drawers.

Kitschen Pink said...

If this is not too much paper stuff then I'd love to see the collections you consider to be abundant! You have such lovely things! I love those price cards! Beautiful and fun to share! t.x

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Love the quote! That so describes me. If I only didn't have to look for every thing I'd get so much more done! Your post was lovely. Have a nice Sunday. Twyla

TheTatums said...

Love that cabinet. Yes, that's what I need for my papers. I'd still probably have boxes under my bed. lol...

Ann

Come see my Show & Tell Sunday:
http://KeepinUpWithTheTatums.blogspot.com

lottery tickets said...

Kanami sang imo blog. Daw spaghetti.

Artistic Chicas said...

Great collection....but what I truly would want in my room is that great cabinet.
Lucky You.

rosechicfriends said...

You really have some great stuff! Wish I had a wonderful organizer like yours!

Blessings..Lorena

Kathy said...

Wow, what a beautiful collection, and your photos are gorgeous!

Hope you have a great week!

Kathy

Lori said...

Joy, your collection and the photos of same are so lovely! i love how that wire basket looks with the pictures tossed into it...i have all of my old pictures stuffed in a drawer, i will be on the look out for a great basket now...thanks for the inspiration!!!

Denise said...

I was ooohhhing and aaaahhing the whole time......you and I are cut from the same cloth...love your stuff. But I am jealous of that awesome cabinet to hold your stuff....wow....

cherished*vintage said...

Wow, you have the coolest stuff! I love the collage I bought from you with the roses and prescription papers - all your creations are divine!
-Karoline

cityfarmer said...

Well, this just settled me right down and started my Monday off right

...I love your collections and the aura that surrounds the way you show them of to the world.

AND I love you name...hehe
not many of us Joys in the world.

Kim's Treasures said...

Thanks for sharing your amazing collection! I love your collage!
Have a great day!
Kim

Robolady said...

I always love your stuff. Are you selling any of those dime store signs? I mean do you really need the WHOLE box???? ;) Maybe a trade?
Margo

kayellen said...

That is an amzing storage chest!!!
I think many creative people are challenged with being organized...
I'm right there with ya on that subject:)
Missed everyone last week!
Love all your paper products...

Very nice:)
Have a great week!

kayellen

Dapoppins said...

Oh.

Just that.

I am practicing not being envious.

Do you think it is working?

Sher said...

Beautiful Post! I loved each and every single photo but my favorite has to be the Ledger Checks! Fabulous - I want some of those!
I'm off to look at your website - I haven't seen ya in a while girlie! I need to catch up on my Blogs...Hope all is well :)
xoxo Sher

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

Hi Joy ~ loved having a peek at all of your vintage paper treasures! What a great stash you have. I'm jealous! (*_*)

~Stacy~

Brandy said...

I love love love your storage! You have such pretty papers!

Brandy