Aug 11, 2008

Antique Show Finds


Sometimes a night away can do you so much good!


We had a lovely time with the kids and the weather held out for the most part. It had rained quite hard on Saturday night so the outdoor antique show was quite the muddy mess on Sunday! Should have bought some Wellies...


First up on our finds - hubby's great score. I wasn't crazy about this one at first but when he told me where he wanted to put it I saw the light. Good one hun! He attached it to our front door armoire where we store bags, shoes and coats...



I couldn't resist this dog show trophy for "Canadian Bred Dog or Bitch in Show". I must have the mind of a 13 year old cuz that makes me laugh every single time I read it.



I have big plans for these old drawers...they will be going in the shop as soon as I am done with them.



And here's a sneak peak of some old awesome signs that will also be going in the shop. They are massive and quite heavy!



And finally, I couldn't resit buying these old tickets - my love for ephemera is more like a disease...(from which I do not not wish to be cured)



I've got some more goodies from the show but it's raining here AGAIN and the light is not so good for taking pictures. I curse the weather man for saying this was going to be a long, hot and dry summer. Really, it's been anything but!


15 comments:

kayellen said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time and found some lovely vintage goodies!

Great photos Joy:)
I'm loving that trophy too!!

kayellen

Vanessa {Bloom Right Here!} said...

Wow! Great finds! Can't wait to see what you do with the drawers. I love the old number signs and the tickets. Fun!

Attic Rat said...

Those are wonderful goodies! Fun, fun, fun!

Teresa

Susan said...

You found some great items. I'm really curious about the drawers. Can't wait to see them when you're done.

Karin said...

What great finds! Karin@creativechaos

Leah C said...

What wonderful finds...love the baggage sign!

LiLi M. said...

Great finds!! I like everything! That ticket machine...awesome! I cannot wait to see what you will do with the drawers! Have a nice day!

Denise said...

WOW............great stuff!! can't wait to see what you will do with those drawers. sounds like you had a good time.

Lady Jane Vintage said...

I know what you mean! "RAIN, RAIN GO AWAY, COME AGAIN ANOTHER DAY..." I hope it doesn't rain for the antique show "I" have plans to go this Saturday!:( It's been a rainy summer here to in Upstate NY. So do you have an actual antique shop? Or on-line shop???:) Jen

Robolady said...

What wonderful goodies. Can't wait to see what you do with those drawers, love the signs and Love the luggage sign, DH did a good job.
Margo

View my blog at:
http://robolady.blogspot.com/

Robolady said...

Joy, Please send me info on those signs with the crowns on them.
Margo

Jennifer said...

I LOVE that sign Joy!!!!!!

HollyDoodleDesigns said...

Joy, you find the most amazing things! PLEASE tell me if you sell any of those pink/white and black tickets, wow!

Beth Leintz said...

Oh you did gooooood! Love everything you found- we would have fun shopping together. I love the sense of humor you use to decorate with, too.

Cali Homemaker said...

Great finds!!!