Aug 28, 2008

Cleaning House


When in doubt, clean.

And re-arrange.

Before...




I may not be creating up a storm lately but I'm cleaning and re-arranging furniture. That's creative, no? With the change of season looming I am itching to switch things up a bit. This is a shot of part of our kitchen that I tackled yesterday....

After...



I couldn't resist buying these roses yesterday at the grocery store. A dozen for $7.99. I like roses but never enough to pay $40.00 for them. This was a steal...



Your home can be your canvas when creating - what fun it is to mix things up...



I never thought I would like the couch pushed up against this old sign but somehow it works. You just never know if it will work unless you try it!



I scored this long old bench at a yard sale many years ago for $5.00. It tucks nicely under the windows and allows me to display all of my 'junque'.



Because we will NEVER move, changing the furniture around gives me a thrill. It's fresh and new until a few months later when the Gemini in me rears her fickle head and says "Time for a change." Sometimes it's just what the doctor ordered...



15 comments:

restyled home said...

Joy, your home is beautiful, and your treasures look amazing in it.

I, too, am having a bit of a creative block, especially when it comes to my blog. Oy...

So sorry to hear of your friend's loss. What a shock for you all.

Take care,
Linda

Janet said...

Love it, gul! Looks fab!

Lori said...

Joy, your re~do looks great...what a wonderful room!!!

Cali Homemaker said...

Your home is so lovely and cozy. I love what you did... and I love that bench, what a steal for 5 bucks! Thank you for sharing your photos.. love sneaing peaks!

Kathy said...

Your home looks lovely and I'm totally digging on that vintage sign (that is, assuming it is in fact vintage!). Thanks for visiting the blog...
Best, Kathy D

The Rose Room said...

Nice and looks very fresh! Rachael

LiLi M. said...

Your room is soo nice this way! I almost never do that. I like it the way it is, for about seven years and then change everything or move...Now we decided not to move anymore so I will have to get started with waltzing with the furniture I guess.

So sorry to hear that your friends lost their son. Parents are not equipped to cope with that. I feel so sorry for them. And I know that means support, feeling that you are not standing alone. Hope that everyone prays for them and thinks of them.

Take care!

Tricia said...

What a beautiful room, I absolutely love everything about it.

Cherry's Jubilee said...

You have one beautiful house! Love the new arrangement. cherry

Carol D said...

Love the big windows, they really make the room!

Shabby Miss Jenn said...

You've been tagged! :) Promise it's a quick one! :) Muah!

GABRIELA DELWORTH said...

Hello,

Thank you so much for visiting me and your kind comments!
You have a fantastic blog, very stylish and these new photos of your re-decorating project are amazing. Your place looks fantastic!

Have a great long weekend!

~ Gabriela ~

Leah C said...

"Mixing it up" looks good...love all the light coming in from those beautiful windows:)

TheParisApartment said...

What a difference, and the pics are just gorgeous! I love the bench with your junque showcased. Guess we all get stuck in ruts. Good to know a little re-arranging goes such a long way!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the great pictures. I loved them!