Aug 1, 2008

I Broke Up with my Hairdresser


I recently broke up with my hair dresser (he doesn't know it yet) and dragged my bff Janet to a girl we were hearing great things about. We both got new do's and mine is quite short! It's kind of edgy actually but the cut is a good one (she cuts hair dry) and I can't wait til it grows in a wee bit. Janet and I had been going to the same hair dresser for about 20 years and it was time for us to part ways. He's one of those hair dressers that really doesn't want to keep current. I think he has resigned himself to doing "old lady hair". (not that there's anything wrong with that) The final undoing for me? I showed him a picture of a hair cut that I clipped out of a magazine (and btw, now have) and he rolled his eyes. I couldn't believe it! He was sitting at the desk and looking down but I saw him do it. I unabashedly asked "Did you just roll your eyes at me?!" He sheepishly tried to deny it but his sly smile gave it away. So that pretty much did it for me. I passive-aggressively broke up with him right there in my mind (!) and will not go back. I just hope I don't see him out doing groceries or somethin'. Ladies, why do we continually put up with hairdressers we don't like? Well, I found out my loyalty has limits - I refuse to have old lady hair at 39 years of age! lol


On to bigger and better things...shop updates!


I just love this fab old Garden File - the perfect place to store all of your seeds and notes...



At first I thought it was a repro ... but no, it's original ...



I have finally replenished my old milk cap tags...



And this is just a 'part-and-parcel' preview of a new idea of mine that I'm really excited about...



O.K. Gotta go make hay while the sun shines...hope your weekend is filled with lots of it! (sun, not hay)


:)


11 comments:

Sugar Bear said...

We don't get to see the new hair do?
Karla

a said...

wanna see! OK I'm glad to hear someone talk of old lady hair...I would yell at my grandma when she would get that same ole tired tight little short perm..that always looked like a football helmut! I told her gram get a cute short hip cut..and she did and never went back to the tight curl ever again..much to the dismay of her church friends who would tell her mary you neeeed a perm! hahahahhaa! glad wilbs kept it to his gut! stay happy!

Joyce Mineer said...

Yeah! Post a pic of the new doo!

Aunt Mimi's Creations! said...

I love that rusty blue clock, can't wait to see what you do with it. Let us see your new hair cut!

*The Beautiful Life* said...

OK -- its a concensus -- LETS SEE THE "DO"!

By the way girlie-que, you'd either better have a dozen of whatever that clock-looking-thing is or set your stop-watch and say "GO!" when you announce you're putting it up on the site, because I have a feeling there is going to be battle for it. And it could get ugly. :)

PICS OF THE HAIR, PLEASE!!!

P.S. -- I hope my hairdresser doesn't get fired - since its moi!

Janet said...

YES!!! I wanna see the new you, too! (Okay, I've already seen the new 'do... trust me ladies, it's FAB!!)
Post away gul-- Lord knows, if I looked like *you* I'd have pics of my self plastered all over my blog!
;)
J.
(...the BFF, who is ever so grateful Joy 'dragged' me with her!)

Outstanding Stranger said...

Why is there two f's in bff? Also I want to see the new do too, and the lesson is for all of us. Change is good. Diane

Leah C said...

Good for you for standing up for yourself...and your hair! Now c'mon, Joy, we all want to see the "new you" with the new do:)
P.S. Love the stuff for the shop, too!

Bethie said...

I just found your blog, and love it! I found the story of the hairdresser near and dear, as I'm sure many have. I, too, am looking for an edgier do. I'm going to explore your shop! Great blog!!

LiLi M. said...

I thought your picture was your new hairdo! I like it (can I say that? Or is it the before one?)
Hairdressers mmm I could write a book about them too (also blogged about dying hair at the hairdressers). But you changed, you go girl! And now you are walking in front of your old hairdressers' shop 8 times a day, with that picture in your hand and a very happy smile on your face I presume?
Enjoy your new haircut and the fact that you were right all the way! Have a nice weekend!

ps. good to hear that you enjoyed your envelop too!
thanks again!

juNKstyLEdiVA said...

Good for you! I know lots of women who let their hairdresser dictate how to wear their hair because they are afraid to hurt their feelings...it's your hair!!! Even when I am 80 yrs old I will not have old lady hair! I will be buried a red head! Cheers! Inge