Aug 13, 2008

More "Things I Know For Sure"...


Since my last post of
"Things I know For Sure" was in June I figured I needed to do an update...


I go through magazines like an alcoholic goes through a mini bar. I can’t get enough. Make more decorating magazines – make them bi-monthly – editors of the world – do something!

The one day that I say I am going to start organizing my life is the day that I instantly become a procrastinator.

Cleaning out my clothes drawers and getting rid of a lot of stuff I don’t wear always makes me feel better, until I realize that I need to go shopping. Mental note - it would save me money if I DIDN’T clean my drawers.

Kids, above the age of 10 - although sweet as they may seem – always have an ulterior motive.

Ditto for husbands with sly smiles...

Getting old can get really old.

No matter how big your house is, the one pesky fly that got in, will torment you – and only you - while you sit down and try to have peace and quiet watching your fav show.

The ONE TIME that you actually swear out loud trying to get rid of that pesky fly is the exact time that your child will walk into the room.

If you park in a ‘no parking’ zone you WILL get a ticket. That’s why they tell you not to park there. (don’t say I didn't warn you hubby)

Investing in a good pillow can make you a happier, more well adjusted person. Continuing to try to flouff! and puff! your old feather pillow will only drive you mad – and very tired.

Having a good memory is over rated.

Waking up early is not for everyone. Morning people, don’t try to force your “good morningness” on others – especially if they haven’t had their first cup of coffee yet. (don’t say I didn’t warn you hubby)

No how busy they seem to be, a child will always find - and bug you - while you're on the phone.

Clean windows are a sign of a sick mind. (that's my story and I'm stickin' to it)

The five second rule of food dropping on the floor DOES NOT INCLUDE foods that are wet or moist! (that just makes them a sponge)

*******

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!




14 comments:

Attic Rat said...

I definitely agree with "don't bother a non-morning person until they've had their first cup". I understand COMPLETELY!! (I've already had my coffee, so you can talk to me now. LOL!)

~Teresa

Lori said...

hee hee great list!!! thanks for the smiles:) :)

Rebecca said...

Couldn't agree more! Thanks for making me smile! Love your photos on Flickr too! Have a great evening.

Leah C said...

Hilarious...and so true!

Bethie said...

I love your "kids over age 10", and getting older. I can totally relate!

Cherry's Jubilee said...

I love your blog...got a few good laughs in..thanks for that. I adore your style! We have similiar tastes. I have put you on my faves list on my blog..hope you don't mind! Cherry

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

You are so right...I love the way you think. The humor made my dull day :)

Karin said...

I LOVE it!!! And I'm the same way with magazines...oh and don't even get me going on a fly in the house...Karin@creativechaos

Karin said...

I LOVE it!!! And I'm the same way with magazines...oh and don't even get me going on a fly in the house...Karin@creativechaos

Karin said...

I LOVE it!!! And I'm the same way with magazines...oh and don't even get me going on a fly in the house...Karin@creativechaos

Becky said...

What is it with the magic of magazines? I just spent the evening going through some old Victoria magazines. 1991 was the date on one and it is still timeless. I loved your list.
Becky
Laceandlures.blogspot.com

bushelandapeck said...

So funny! I love how you write and I really enjoy all your beautiful photos!

Cali Homemaker said...

How cute. Thanks for sharing, enjoyed reading through... :o)

Kathy said...

hahahha...this was exactly what I needed to catapult me into a laughing fit! Really enjoyed reading this post!