Aug 12, 2008

More Vintage Finds...


Although my housework was looming, I decided to ignore it (cuz that's what I do best) and work on some of my drawers.... now listed in the shop.


I started off with the front...(this stamp gets more action around here than the candy bar at a kid's party)



And lined it with original, old ephemera...



I love these in the kitchen for storing salt, pepper, spices, etc...



But, also in the office to keep the supplies from cluttering my work space. Although if you saw my desk right now you'd know I suffer from the "mechanic's car is always in the shop" syndrome. Funny how that goes.



I also listed some of these vintage plastic signs in the shop...I love the font on them.



I like to keep a CASHIER sign by my purse but now I'm thinking I should put the NO CREDIT sign there instead....



I also picked up some of these neat old fabric printing blocks from India on Sunday.



They're made out of a solid piece of wood with a handle attached. I just love the form and texture...



My gosh, it is already August 12th and I feel like the summer has flown by. (which is unusual because usually by now I am jonesin' for the kids to go back to school) We are having really terrible summer weather here. It has rained for a week steady and now the temps are quite cool. The kids haven't been in the pool for almost a week now!


O.K. here's a secret shout-out to my friend in the States who I sent vintage St. Patrick's ephemera to a couple of months back. Hugs to you!



11 comments:

Robolady said...

Joy, I love all your finds, and what you do with them. I just ordered me a set of those stamps, and I can't wait to get them. You are right, they have so many uses. Love what you did with the drawers. I just sent you an email about the signs with crowns again.
Margo

View my Blog at
www.robolady.blogspot.com

Sweet Sage said...

ditto on the housework!
LOVE the finds!
~kim

Dapoppins said...

Oh, that NO CREDIT sign! HA!

Lori said...

i LOVE how those drawers look all filled up like that, what a much nicer presentation than everything just cluttering up a counter or a desktop, that is really such a great idea! the signs and fabric printing blocks are fab too!!!

LiLi M. said...

I love what you did with the drawers. Perfect photos too! Mmm isn't that cashier sign apropriate at your purse too or are you children too young to ask for money for candy, cellphone credit etc etc. I'm a real cashier around here, though the no credit sign would be appropriate for me too. Have a nice day!

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

Joy... the housework is always looming isn't it? hate it... but your drawers SURE are pretty! xo

Cozyvintagecottage said...

Hi, I just found your blog from Ladyjanevintage's blog. I love all of your treasures!! I have a cottage in Canada and drive through Kingston. I'd love to go there for a show sometime!!

Denise said...

wow! you work fast! Love all your stuff. Are you selling or keeping those big fabric stamps??? Those are sooo cool.....you have a great eye for stuff! Love the No Credit sign by your purse.

Lady Jane Vintage said...

Hi Joy! What FUN all your creations are! I just was browsing through your "shop" - I'll CERTAINLY be back to spend soon - DO you take "Credit"? Hee Hee!;)

TamboinMO said...

Joy, I've blogged about your drawers....they would be great to store dyes for rug hooking. I've had one similar in the past but my dyes finally outgrew it. Adorable!!!

TheParisApartment said...

These photos are just stunning! You're an amazing photographer, just one of your many talents!