Aug 4, 2008

Shades of Inspiration


This week's
Shades of Inspiration color is a combo of pale blue and brown ...


This is part of a Cavallini folder that I have. A very, very pale aqua sets off the brown script...



Vintage seam binding...in the most fabulous aqua color. On my computer screen it almost presents as green - I wonder if it does on anyone else's?



Vintage bottles in aqua...divine!



This is a shot of a larimar necklace that hubby bought for me in the Dominican this year....



And finally, a shot from Saturday's dinner out...I had to include this one because Katie has the bluest eyes...



Even though the forecast called for rain and thunderstorms, the weather thankfully held out for our bbq yesterday. All of your positive thinking even helped the sun come out. :)


I gotta say I'm a little sad today. Remember when I first came out with my Sympathy Hope Jar and a well known online site dedicated to sympathy gifts decided to carry them? Well, the owner of the site - who is a lovely lady I might add - has decided not to carry them any longer because of freight, duty and custom charges. Her last shipment was over 100 jars and I just checked her site and she is officially sold out. I don't think she'll re-order. (even though her price on the jar was a lot more than mine) I wish more people knew that they actually have a home of their own on my site but her website is sooooo large and mine just gets lost in "Google-dom". It doesn't have anything to do with money for me and never has. My 'Sympathy' Hope Jar is the jar that is nearest and dearest to my heart, always has been. I created it after I lost my brother 4 years ago. In fact, I always get melancholy when I ship one out because I know that someone is in deep pain. I just hope they continue to help people....that is my true heart's desire....




11 comments:

Sandy Michelle said...

You guys are so cute! I love brown and blue! Your photos are great! I believe the storm has finally passed and that we'll get a lovely heat wave from now on! Or that might be wishful thinking since I'm leaving for the cottage soon!:)

Sandy XOX

Sugar Bear said...

I love the new hair do! I know that your Hope Jar continues to help my friend on a daily basis.
Karla

Bethie said...

I love your haircut. I'm needing an update! Very nice pics of the family! I, too, am a stepmom and feel so right for the job, and am raising boys!! Love your blog!

Natasha Burns said...

Wow very blue eyes for sure and your hair looks gorgeous! The 2nd pic made me gasp, it is so incredible!

So sorry to hear about your sympathy jar and that she isn't able to carry it any longer especially since it is sold out : ( . so sorry to hear about your brother, I am sure your sympathy jars are of great comfort and help to people when they need it xo

Sandy said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your brother. And the photo is fantastic of BOTH of you!

ALF said...

I love, love, love brown and turquoise. Great pictures!

The Summer Kitchen Interiors said...

Joy - we LOVE the aqua - we're enchanted with that color at the moment - it always catches our eyes. Just to let you know - the ribbon is aqua on our computer screen and it's gorgeous!!
Karla & Karrie

Country French Antiques said...

Bonjour
Beautiful photographs here and merci for stopping by my blog!
Have a wonderful evening!
I shall return.

Lori said...

Joy, your pictures are really so gorgeous! i love how you captured the beautiful marriage of pale blue and brown...i am sorry to hear about your sympathy hope jars not being carried by that shop anymore, i am sure that they brought a lot of comfort to those who were suffering a loss

Robolady said...

You are such a good photographer. Love your pictures. And Katie looks like lindsey lohan in that pic. Very pretty girl.
Margo

View my blog at:
http://robolady.blogspot.com/

LadyJaneVintage said...

Hi Joy!!! I FOUND YOU!:) It's Jen from LadyJaneVintage! I knew you via Ebay "back in the day"! I just started blogging myself and am still trying to learn the ropes - Love your blog! Hope all is well with you! Chat soon, K? Jen