Aug 15, 2008

Time on My Hands...


I'm still not exactly sure how this happened but last night during my team's volleyball game I got hit with the ball on my thumb and it must have bent back or gotten twisted . All I know is it hurt right away. But then it seemed to subside and I finished out two more games. Then it hurt some more. Yes, it would seem I wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer to continue playing...but I'm a sucker for punishment. (thank goodness we won)



So then I woke up in the middle of the night with more pain (it had swollen and I had bonked it)



So my question to you is -


Do you know how much you actually use your thumb?


Wow, it's a pretty important digit - I had no idea! Especially on the hand that you favor. So, I've got some time on my hands - not much creating going on around here unfortunately. And being the opportunist that I am - hopefully not much cooking either! :)


12 comments:

Natasha Burns said...

Oh you poor thing! At least your team won but you know, it could be dislocated or something? GLad you have a sense of humour about it!

Leah C said...

Hope your thumb makes a speedy recovery! In the meantime, someone else can make dinner...or order out:)

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

You really have my sympathy! I managed to slice the tip off my left thumb once dicing onions, so yeah, I know exactly how much a thumb is used!

*The Beautiful Life* said...

VOLLEYBALL? Am I the only one stuck on that one point? Who knew our pretty, creative, homegirl Joy could also dish it out on the courts???
My daughter played volleyball for a year in highschool. I can sure see how you could jam your thumb in that sport!
Proves what I've thought all along: sports are way over-rated! :)
Take care and milk this for what you can while you can!
-Ruth

Susan said...

Isn't amazing how much you use the part of you that's hurt? You don't even notice until....OW!

theparisapartment said...

Ouch! poor baby, well at least you won, but give it some rest, ok? ps love that photo of Wilbur's nose on your sidebar! Get better!

Dapoppins said...

welllll...you can always read too!

Barbara Jacksier said...

Poor thumb, lucky you! You get time off to peruse all of your wonderful STUFF.

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

cooking is over rated anyway..hope your back to creating soon :)

Sandy Michelle said...

You should get a trophy for taking that hard hit. The thumb is what seperates us from monkeys (that's what my husband always says!) It's very important. Hope it heals soon!

Hugs!
Sandy

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Ouch! But tell me if it works to get out of cooking. I can fake a thumb injury if it does. But no one would buy the volleyball story from me.

restyled home said...

Youch!! I feel your pain...on the weekend, while cheering on my hubby during his triathlon, I got stung by a hornet. The pain spread up my hand and down to my wrist. When he finished the race, he lamented about how difficult the last 5k was...well, I told him it wasn't all about him! My hand was surely worse!! (I can be an opportunist, too!)

Hope your thumb feels better soon...we need you and your creations!!