Sep 15, 2008

The Assemblance of Junque


Or as my husband likes to call it:

"Puttin' out junk!"

(I think my phrase has more of a ring to it personally)


Yes, as most of you know decorating with 'junque' - as I like to call it, is common place in my home. Items which would be normally cast off take centre stage and often garner more interest than the hoighty-toity antiques. Hmmpphh!


Why do I have an old clock face leaning up against an empty frame?

Why NOT?!


It really is as easy as surrounding yourself with things that make you happy. Things that spark an interest in you - no matter what they are...


It's thumbing your nose at those oh-too-serious decorating magazines who dictate that everything should be perfect...

...And have a designer label on them.

...Oh, and of course, a huge price tag.

(just to prove to your friends that yes, you do indeed have money and yes, you have more money than brains)

Ooops, did I just use my outdoor voice on that one? ;)



Just walk around your house and look at old things in new ways. Mix it up. Get funky. But most of all -

HAVE FUN!




18 comments:

Beth Leintz said...

Love it all- great inspiration- you got it going on girlfriend!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

anything you pull together looks good!

countrygirl3031 said...

Great things you have...and I agree that you should look at things with a new eye...I've done the very same thing!

Hugz,
Michele

*The Beautiful Life* said...

Joy, as usual, you inspire. I loved your tongue-in-cheek bit of mocking of the stiff, rigid "rules" of decor. :)
Loved this post!
=Ruth

DebraK from ~the Bunnies Bungalow~ said...

You do have a way with junque & I think it's wonderful how you display it so well.
Take care, DebraK

Funky Finds said...

i love how you assemble such wonderful items! much more creative when decorating than i am.

restyled home said...

Great advice, Joy! I am definitely going to round up my spare, small junque tomorrow...just to make me happy!!

You are Canada's foremost junque expert!! No doubt about it...

LiLi M. said...

Ok I'm off: throwing the expensive designer label deco in the waste bin and assemble the junque, thanks for inspiration!

LP Vintage said...

You have a great attitude - I love how you display your Junque - very inspiring!

The Old Painted Cottage said...

It's not what you have, it's how you put it all together. And you, my dear, are a pro at doing that. Love your vignettes. Thanks for a healthy dose of inspiration today.

oxox
Jennifer

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

You said it!!!!
Love that sense of humor of yours :)

Janet said...

You're doing too much! Stop it!!

;)
J.

Sandy Michelle said...

I am loving the way you store your junque!!!:) Congrats on being on the Modern vintage Designs website!!!

Sandy xoxo

KathyJ said...

LOVE this post...and your pictures are beautiful.

I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned how much I love your Dinner Party Bottles...so pretty and creative!!!

Brandi said...

pretty junk.

Cherry's Jubilee said...

I love it all....JUNK is a girl's bestfriend. I so agree with ya...thumbin my nose up at house beautiful....no soul in decorating like that. Ok I will get off my soap box. cherry

Margo said...

I love your junk, and as you know I love decorating with junk. I agree totally with you that the "magazines" need to chill out with the expensive, copies and traditional
etc. Thinking outside the box"store" is so much more fun.
Margo

View my blog at:
http://robolady.blogspot.com/

A Cottage Industry said...

I love the pictures of how you organize your junque! So inspiring!
Tracey