Sep 17, 2008

Behold the Power of Homemade Baked Goods...


Do not underestimate it! It can work wonders...


This is a batch of cinnamon rolls I made yesterday. This recipe is the closest thing to a "Cinnabon" that I have ever come across. Seriously yummy!



I am bringing some to my accountant this morning to soothe her soul as she is doing hubby's year end and let's just say that I am not the most organized person in the world. That's where homemade baked goods come in. Somehow a simple cinnamon roll will make this kind lady forget that she hates me.


Homemade baked goods also do a world of good for my poor hubby who had a terrible day at work. Amidst his grumbling of what went on, I whipped out this plate of goodness out and - poof! Instant smile. Bad day eradicated.


The power of homemade baked goods...I'm tellin' ya - magical powers here! (maybe I should make some for the Republicans and Democrats?...)

*UPDATE:

Ask and you shall receive - here is the recipe!

Cinnamon Rolls


ROLLS:

1¼ oz. pkg. yeast

1 c. warm milk

½ c. granulated sugar

1/3 c. melted butter

1 t. salt

2 eggs

4 c. all-purpose flour


FILLING:

1 c. packed brown sugar (or more if you like)

2½ TBS. cinnamon

1/3 c. Butter, softened


DIRECTIONS:


Preheat oven to 400° F.


1) Dissolve yeast in milk.

2) Mix in sugar, butter, salt, eggs, flour. Mix well.

3) Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead into a large ball. Cover - let rise 1 hour.

4) Roll dough into a 21" x 16" wide rectangle. Spread the softened butter all over the dough and then load it up with the brown sugar and cinnamon. Pinch the ends.

5) Using a very sharp serrated knife cut into 1 inch wide rolls, making sixteen. If want fewer, bigger rolls, cut them wider. (having them squished up against each other is alright)

6) Grease an 11"x 15" baking pan. Place rolls in pan and let rise for another 30 minutes.

7) Bake until the rolls are slightly browned and not doughy. This will vary according to your oven. Just don't overbake. (approx 12-15 mins)



*OPTIONAL ICING:

7 TBS. butter, softened

1½ c. confectioners sugar

¼ c. (2 oz.) cream cheese

½ t. real vanilla extract

(this makes ALOT!!)

*Enjoy!



18 comments:

Joyce Mineer said...

Are you able to share what looks like a sure winner recipe?

*The Beautiful Life* said...

RECIPE! PLEASE! Even though we're doing the whole "lo-carb" thing here... :(

BTW, I only WISH cinnamon rolls would soothe the savage beast that is American politics, 'cause you might just also have the recipe for world peace at the same time! ;)

Jenny said...

What's the recipe darling??

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

Yum! A smile & goodies always puts others on your side! Loved seeing the junk/junque post too, I love that & your pics are just beautiful :)

Blessings,
Stacey

LiLi M. said...

I just don't believe you until I have tasted them myself; recipe please!!!

Korie said...

My grandmother recently passed away, taking her beloved cinnamon rolls recipe with her.
Any chance you can post yours, so that I can satisfy my cravings??

Cottage Flair said...

I love cinnamon rolls and that sounds like a great recipe. I also love the photos of your Junque below. ( I found you on The old painted cottage blog). Great blog you have.
Jennifer

Kasey said...

i just gained 10 lbs by looking at those!!1
yum.
k-

Jennifer said...

My all time favorite although I have never come across a good recipe for it! I am definetly trying this one!!! Thanks Joy!

kayellen said...

Oh Thankyou Joy for the yummy recipe!

Can't wait for a cool morning to make them:)
BTW~ I love the dish you are serving them on!

xoxo
kayellen

Brandi said...

my mouth is watering... YUMMY!

Cherry's Jubilee said...

OHHH so gonna make those...even if I have to walk triple the amount to burn them off. cherry

parisapartment said...

Oh that was cruel! I can smell them from here!

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

I`m asking to all the Bloggers to support our dear FRIEND Mandy!
Please do come over, and DO LEAVE A COMMENT!

Kisses
Debbie Moss

Thanks so much for your SUPPORT!

Sugar Bear said...

They look yummy! I will have to give them a try.
Karla

Bettsi said...

OH YUM! Thanks very much- can't wait to make with my kidlets!

Denise said...

YUMMY! Thanks for the recipe.....I'll have to try it.

Karin said...

I can taste those right now!