Sep 20, 2008

The Jig Is Up!


Well, almost!


So here's the scoop. I am finally going to spill my secrets. A couple of very exciting things have been going on here. First off, one of my products is going to be featured in a national magazine which should be out early next week! Can't say which one 'til it's actually out but needless to say I am over the moon! As soon as it hits the stands you know I will be scanning it into this here computer...



And somehow in following my dreams, a new adventure has plopped into my lap. I was contacted by someone at a certain Disney magazine (through Flickr) and they want to use quite a few of my photos for their *Christmas issue. I was floored! Obviously I can't get into too much detail about that but will keep you posted. :)


Doors are opening up for me into a whole new world and I am beyond thrilled. Ladies, (and gentlemen) I know some of you must feel this way too.... A couple of years ago when I started out selling on ebay, and then I started blogging, and then when I finally opened my website I was always left with the feeling - what am I supposed to be doing? What do I really love to do? I would watch Oprah and see these ladies who had their light bulb moment and think "What is my LIGHT BULB moment?"



...Would somebody please turn on the light for me?!


Well, the light has gone off. Well, at least it has started to. Much like the new energy saving light bulbs when you first turn them on - it takes them a little bit of time to get fully lit. :) That's where I am. But I now know what I was meant to be doing. Janet and I are still hard at work at out TSP (Top Secret Project) and let's just say that we are lovin' every minute of it. We have, in a way, created our own jobs that allow us to do what we love - stay at home and talk on the phone to each other! (and no, it's not telemarketing) lol


I seriously cannot wait for you to join me on this wild ride. Because hopefully you will all come along! :)





21 comments:

LiLi M. said...

You go girl! I can imagine that you are totally excited about featuring in a magazine. (One of my products appeared in the dutch Ariadne at Home, so I know what you mean!). I'm curious to know all about the other project too. Have a nice weekend!

Brandi said...

Very exciting... happy for you!

Tricia said...

That is very exciting, congratulations!

Cherry's Jubilee said...

You are a inspiration to me! I hope to be able to do what I love someday as well. I know I love to create and hope that door will open for me. I will def. be getting the mag as soon as you let us know. cherry

Margo said...

I thought you might have a magazine deal up your sleeve, congrats to you. May great things come your way, and I can't wait for the details of that and the TSP.
Margo

View my blog at:
http://robolady.blogspot.com/

FrenchGardenHouse said...

sweetie, this is no surprise to me. You are gifted, talented and everything you create is special. And you are kind, caring and have a great heart. Need I say more?

xo Lidy

a said...

I'm hopping on for the ride Joy and can't wait to her all of your exciting news:) Good for you...and my gosh the words your wrote...went straight at me....that lightbulb...so many ideas....no direction....good for you! I just now joined flickr and can't say enough good things about it...Have fun girl! xo

Kathleen Grace said...

Congratulations! You must be so proud:>) Blogging has really opened doors of opportunity for so many talented women. I am always thrilled to see someone else who has found success:>)

Janet said...

Hey, aren't you supposed to be working on the TSP?

Crackin' the whip,
J.
;)

PS. Oh, btw, George called. He really does want that help...

Denise said...

WOW! What exciting news.......featured in a magazine, photos being used and another great adventure......WOW! I am so happy for you! Can't wait to hear about the top secret!

kayellen said...

That's so exciting Joy!!!

Can't wait to here more details of your new adventures!
Can't wait to go buy the magazine your in too!!!
Hugs and blessing to you,

kayellen

restyled home said...

Oh, Joy, I am so excited for you!! It is so nice to see great things happening for one of my favourite fellow Canadian bloggers!!

I can't wait to hear which magazine you will be featured in...

Congrats!!
Linda

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

Congratulations JOY~
I think the same thing every day......what do I really want to do.
I am so happy for you. You have a great since of style and it was just a matter of time before you got noticed by the "big guys"
Keep inspiring us.....we can dream through you. You never know who browses blogs and flicker:)

A Sentimental Journey said...

Oh Joy!! That is just the B*E*S*T news ~ You're going places now, Gurlie ~ CONGRATS!!! xoxoxo P

A Sentimental Journey said...

Me Again ~ just cracking up at your BFF Janet's comment ~ too funny! So exciting!!

Shabbyfufu said...

Congrats to you Joy~it's about time!!! Much love, Janet

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Joy, this all sounds very exciting! Can't wait to hear more. I'm embarking on what I want to do too & even though it has been a slow start, I'm loving every bit of it. It's so much fun to love what you are doing & to get paid for it too.

Linda Lou said...

Can't wait to see you published, awesome, and exciting, good for you.

*The Beautiful Life* said...

Joy, As I've said before -- your never was a name more appropriately given. You truly are a real joy to others and so it is no wonder your gifts for bringing joy and beauty to others are being sought after as never before. How exciting for you and for Janet! Yay for your both!! :)

Jenny said...

That is amazing!!!
Congratulations!!

GABRIELA DELWORTH said...

Hello,

Congratulations!

~ Gabriela ~