Sep 10, 2008

Slow But Sure...


The creative juices are returning...slowly, but surely. Gosh, this has been a dry spell! I haven't even been frequenting my favorite thrift stores.



What I have been doing is working on my secret project with Janet and cleaning house. With the fresh start of Fall approaching, it was time to tackle the kids closets - boy, how they've grown! I also have been cooking and baking up a storm which hubby loves.



I've also made up some new "Dinner Party Bottled Fortunes". These two sets are made up of a nice eclectic mix of old bottles.


Oh, one more thing! If you get Romantic Homes this month be sure and check out the letter by none other than my talented sister Melody! Silly girl, she had forgotten she had even written in....her letter is titled 'Beauty on a Budget' and features a picture of a cute display cabinet that she re-worked.



And finally, to toot my own horn, I was featured on the lovely Modern Vintage Designs website. Too cool, huh?


Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!


10 comments:

LiLi M. said...

So it runs in the family?!
Your dinner bottles are so beautiful again. Have a nice Wednesday too!

kayellen said...

Your bottles are lovely Joy:)and I took a peek at the blog you shared...very nice!!!

Hugs,
kayellen

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles said...

How funny thats your sisters cabinet!!
when I saw it I instantly loved it and thought I want that!!!
smiles,
Sandy

Lee W. said...

very cool! great bottles! Oh, PS. the previous post was hysterical!

patricia@ReFind Home&Garden said...

Joy, what an inspiration you are to sooooo many of us in blogland. Love all your posts. Thanks and hugs, Patricia

Janet said...

You rock, gul! *Love* this set!!

PS. Can I come ovah & indulge in some of the yummy baking you've been doing???
;)
J.

Cherry's Jubilee said...

The bottles are sooo lovely and congrats to your sis and too you too lol. cherry

Shabbyfufu said...

Hi dear....I love the bottles and of course everything that your creative brain dreams up. Now I see that it runs in the family! Will have to pop over and visit Janet...I didn't know that she was still blogging? ~XO~ Janet

Wanda said...

I absolutely love the bottles! And how fun that your sister's letter and picture got published!

Pink Slippers said...

Hey I read that and was VERY interested in it. I even tried to study the picture. You know to get some ideas. It looked GREAT! Wendy