Oct 25, 2008

O.K Time for Some Funny...


Yesterday I went to the chiropractor because in stressful situations I tend to carry it all in my shoulders and seize up. When the pain started moving down my arm I knew it was time to get adjusted. Luckily I was able to get an appointment right away. I sat down and Dr. B started investigating my neck and shoulders in between my "Owches" and "Ughs". I knew it was bad when I heard him mutter to himself "Holy Crap!" Things went downhill from there.

Let's just say I have to go back Monday.

***

My sweet sister-in-law Sharon sent me this funny email today and it made me laugh - had to share some of it with you all....



1. A friend of mine confused her Valium with her birth control pills... she has 14 kids but doesn't really care.

2. One of life's mysteries is how a 2-pound box of chocolates can make a woman gain 5 lbs.

3. My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.

4. The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.

5. The nice part about living in a small town is that when you don't know what you are doing, someone else does.

6. The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight because by then, your body and your fat are really good friends.

7. Amazing! You hang something in your closet for a while and it shrinks 2 sizes!

8. The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing and then they marry him.

9. I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are eating too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Are they kidding? That's my idea of a perfect day!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!


15 comments:

cassie said...

That is really funny! The one about the chocolate is the best. Really, there are days I'm willing to eat 1 lb of chocolate if I only gained 1 lb of fat - totally worth it every now and then! Too bad it doesn't work that way!

LiLi M. said...

hahaha, you crack me up! Good to 'hear' you laughing too, that's the spirit! Warm wishes LiLi

Attic Rat said...

I truly think that I am suffering from what is described in #3. When my mind comes back, I will let you know for sure.

Teresa

Margo said...

Joy, I'm just catching up on your situation and I'm sorry that I missed the story of your DH's accident. My husband had jaw surgery about 3 years ago and had to eat mashed food for 6 weeks as well. here are some ideas... Mashed Potatoes, and Apple Sauce of course. I would also take a chopper and chop up chicken pieces real small. he would push it around with his tongue a bit, mix it with salava and then swallow. Basically I let the chopper do the chewing for him. It filled him up better than liquid food. Fast food taco meat is another good (already chewed) food. The best thing was pancakes, I know it sounds funny. But slather them in syrup and they are as mushy as can be, and truly satisfying. Hope that helps.
Margo

Lori said...

those are really funny Joy:) i hope your husband is doing well!!!

restyled home said...

Hi Joy,
I know you have more pressing matters on your plate, but I thought you might like to know about the junk pumpkin decorating contest I am co-hosting with Ki. Stop on by, the prizes are amazing...especially if you feel like shopping over at Ki's new site.

Again, so happy to hear the men in your life are on the mend.

Take care,
Linda

a pot, a thought & a smidgen of dirt said...

I just found your blog and am really enjoying it. I have just started getting the same neck, shoulder and down the arm pains as you, via stress, not just in one either, both shoulders don't like to be left out!! so they take it in turns. Have you found anything that works really well? I went to reiki and did work but then two weeks later, well as I said the other side didnt like to be left out. Of to read more of your blog. many thanks fiona

Scrappy Jessi said...

hey there cutie,
ok these were really funny. love the birth control one. i hope all is getting better. it just takes some time.
oxoxoxo,
jessi

A Thing for Roses said...

Thanks for the giggle. I especially like the one with the fat and your body being really good friends. Hope things around there are getting better.

Hugs,

Lisa

Bethie - Chic Junque said...

I've been wondering if Chiropractors really help. I've had shoulder pain on and off for a couple of years. I guess I should try it! I love the list. Way funny! Hope your hubby is getting better!

kayellen said...

Thanks for the giggle this morning Joy!
Take care:)

kayellen

Suzy said...

Lovely and so true!!!

Hope you will be fine!

Suzy

Bre said...

I'm thrilled to have found your blog. I just purchased a little treat at your store - The Hope Jar....cant' wait to receive it.

I loved the items you have for sale !

Heartfelt prayers are being said for your nephew.

Bre
http://chantillygrace.blogspot.com/

Mozez said...

Hi There, I came across your blog...I think it would be a great addition to my site,come check it out and let me know if you want to be a part of it. all you have to do is just email me the blog URL and a description to become a part of it, IT WOULD CERTAINLY HELP EXPOSE YOUR SITE :-)

http://world4blogs.blogspot.com - check it out

all you have to do is email me your URL+Discription and then ill publish your blog

Have a good day

world4blogs webmaster

ymoosa5@gmail.com

JudyBug said...

Loved the comment about a small town and just had to share it with my other small town friends! So true!