Dec 8, 2008

And Breathe....



I had made this ornament mirror two years ago with vintage glass balls. Last year it fell and smashed into a million pieces. No biggie. I try not to sweat the small stuff...I took a big healthy dose of "don't cry for things that can't cry for you" and felt immediately better.


On Saturday as I started to bring up my Christmas tree from the basement it seemed everything I touched went wrong. First off I could not for the life of me find my Christmas tree lights - or the lights that are to go on my garland-infested stairway. I was going through all of my decorations and felt TOTALLY overwhelmed. I didn't want to drag it all up. My heart wasn't into it. My patience started to wain. My anger started to rise. And then I took a deep breath and brought myself back into reality. It's not about the decorations, it's not about the presents. I just had to remember the real reason for the season. Lord, help me stay on track because it's so easy to get overwhelmed at this time. I decided I will not stress myself out and over-decorate this year. I can still make the house look lovely and cozy without ALL of my decorations up-- best of all, with my sanity intact. (bonus!)


In other news...


Woke up this morning to find out that someone had stole my credit card number and put $9,000.00 worth of furniture on it! (well, Merry Christmas!) Apparently the culprits broke into a store and stole all of their Visa receipts and that's how they got my number. (btw, this is the 2nd time I have had to deal with credit card faud in the last 6 months) Thankfully, I am not responsible for the bill. Just a warning - keep an eye on your credit card bill, your card doesn't have to be stolen for the bad guys to get a hold of it...



I wanted to give a shout-out to our fabulous web designer of *moggit - Cathy at Avalon Rose. Seriously, she is soooooo fabulous to deal with! Thanks Cathy for all of your wonderful support these past few months. You are incredible!




5 comments:

LiLi M. said...

Catching up a little. Good that your nephew is on the mend. You are so right not to let you get overwhelmed by Christmas. In fact that seems even more difficult in blogland where pictures of entire decorated homes are part of daily routine. Remember you are not alone; I still have to start too and we are celebrating our daughters anniversary this weekend. Yeah happy homes are more important than decorated homes. Take care!

Beth Leintz said...

That is a great saying "Don't cry for things that don't cry for you"-I'm going to remember it.

I was pretty much over the big time Christmas decorating about 10 years ago- I just HATED taking it down- so now, its just a couple of stocking over the fireplace, a wreath on the door, a table top tree and a bowl of ornaments.

Moggit is hilarious- I'll love to be a fly on the wall as you and Janet are making plans.

parisapartment said...

Oh Joy, yes, exhale. I can't believe what you've been dealing with. You're one of the strongest people I (virtually) know! Damn about the credit card, thank God you don't have to deal with too much of that, just the nuisance. On another note, that christmas ball mirror is to die for! How is moggit? It's great to meet the web gal, what a site she has!

Shabbyfufu said...

I too am catching up with you today Joy. First, your nephew is still in my prayers. Secondly...I must go over and see what your Moggit site is all about!! And third...big bummer about your credit card issue. I have had that happen myself and it's not fun. ~XO~Janet

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sorry about the credit card ordeal.It is scarey out there. I scaled down on my decor. this year quite a bit. Glad to hear your nephew is better.