Dec 15, 2008

A Pretty Little Christmas


I've joined in on a fab party today! (although Wilbur doesn't seem overly thrilled)



Heather's Pretty Little Christmas!



A chance to peruse other blogger's Christmas decorations - what a wonderful way to get inspired! The feather tree shown above I bought last year, I was thrilled with it being cream in color!


My sister in law is German and so talented at decorating and crafts. She made me this German style ornament as a gift one year.



This is a decoration I made in memory of my dear brother. It's fashioned from an old intricate grate and features a vintage German angel dresden. I have learned from experience, no matter what life hands you, you must always have hope.



I just think these little pixie elves are so cute in their pastel coats!



These are old 45 records! Aren't they the sweetest? The graphics are divine and you can actually play them!



I can't remember where I found these old Christmas milk caps but they're so fun to decorate with! That reminds me, I have a jar FULL of vintage 'Egg Nogg' milk caps that I really should put on my site. My bad...



I like this 'chunker' Santa - he's had one too many trips to the buffet I guess. ;)



And finally, here's a shot of our tree. I just love leaving lit all day long. I really get sad in January when I have to take it down because I miss having all of those twinkly lights on throughout the house. I love the twinkly lights!I think I'll start a new line of home decor that feature twinkly lights for anytime of year. I can see it now...frames with twinkly lights, plants with twinkly lights... :)




27 comments:

Heidi - what's in a name? said...

Your decorations are lovely! The grate you made in memory of your brother is wonderful!
:)Heidi

Cassie said...

Your decorations are all very pretty! I love the grate that you crafted in memory of your brother. I also really love the way that you have spiraled your ribbon on your tree!

Sugar Bear said...

Beautiful decorations.
Karla

Scrappy Jessi said...

yum yum yummy!!!
i love everything!!
happy holidays!!

oxoxox,
jessi

pinkroses said...

I too LOVE the grate you made for your brother...but it's all so beautiful! xo suzanne

Lori said...

that IS a pretty little Christmas Joy!!! those records are just adorable...i love the ornament you made in memory of your brother, what a beautiful peace about having hope!!!

Alice W. said...

Joy,
All of your treasures are so beautiful! I love the hand made ornaments and the piece you made in honor of your brother. Your "chunker" santa is too cute! And I definitely leave my lights on all day too...and get sad when it's time to take them down as well ;) Thanks for your lovely birthday comment! Have a lovely week!

Karin said...

So beautiful Joy!! Love all the decorations!

Michelle (Shell) May said...

Hi Joy,
I love Wilbur! Your house is gorgeous and those little pixie elves are the cutest!
bunny kisses,
shell

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

I love seeing what other folks do in their home! I love the old milk caps. My kinda thing, ya know? I hope to post more of my home this week. ~Mindy

KathyJ said...

Your holiday decorations are so pretty!

I too am a bit crazy about twinkly lights, and I have to confess, I do have some up year round in my craft room, they're just too pretty.

Hope your holidays are wonderful.

Kathy

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Your decor is very pretty ~ so peaceful.....
The little records are just adorable, and so are those cute pixie elves!
Merry Christmas!!
:)
~Becca~

Leah C said...

It all looks so very pretty! I like leaving the tree lit up all day, too:)

The Old Painted Cottage said...

OMG, I remember those old records, with the great graphics on them. I remember playing them as a kid on my record player and always being amazed they really could play. Thanks for the walk down memory lane today!

oxox
Jennifer

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I have never seen a 45 christmas record before! I just love it.

have a lovely said...

hi joy!!! everything is so lovely...and the piece you made in honor of your brother...so very gorgeous!!! you are one talented lady!

wishing you a very merry christmas!!!!

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

Joy, I love your hope decoration in memory of your brother, so special. the tree looks beautiful!! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas, I know you have been through so much these last few months.

xoxo Heather

Victoria Lynn said...

Joy,
I just found your blog and really enjoyed reading it. Your decorations are beautiful. I agree, I think I miss all the twinkly lights the most! January is such a dark month. Maybe we could invent a holiday for that month that needs twinkly lights...
Blessings,
Victoria Lynn

Miss Sandy said...

The grate is beautiful and fitting for the Christmastide season! I agree, why remove the twinkly lights just when the season get dark and dull? Your decor is lovely. Have a Merry Christmas!

Jenny said...

Your house looks beautiful Joy.

Mo said...

Wow! Great decor! That tree is just breath taking!

Zita said...

Very pretty - love your tree!

Bethie - Chic Junque said...

I confess, I use twinkly lights on everything all through the year! I too love the look and have found other places to put the twinklies!

Betty Jo said...

Everything is beautiful, but I especially love those old 45 records. xoxo

chatelaine said...

Your vintage decorations are adorable. Love the pixies and the old 45s. I think I had some like that once... where are they?

Lovely tribute to your brother. It can be especially hard missing loved ones at this time of year.

Sheila R said...

I just love your decorations. What a great party! Merry Christmas.

The Muse said...

a true hostess prepares her home to meet the occasion..i believe you have outdone yourself!