Dec 18, 2008

Holiday Gingerbread Cookies


I really love no fail cookie recipes...



There's nothing I hate more than taking the time to bake a cookie that doesn't turn out. That's why I thought I would share this 'Holiday Gingerbread Cookie' recipe with you. It's a no-brainer and so good, especially at this time of year with a BIG glass of milk!


Holiday Gingerbread Cookies

Mix together--
Wet Ingredients:
1 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 shortening or butter
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg


Mix together--
Dry Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves

Add dry mixture to wet, mix. Roll into balls - roll ball in white sugar, place on baking sheet and then squish with the bottom of a glass. (this is what they look like after you've flattened them)




Bake for approx. 10 mins at 375 on an ungreased cookie sheet. Remove to wire racks, cool.




Pour a gigantic glass of milk - or make a nice hot tea - and enjoy!



7 comments:

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

Yum!

Susan said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://www.car-insurance-choices.com

Lori said...

Joy, i just love gingerbread cookies...the wonderful aroma as they bake and mmm mmm mmm the yummy way they taste!!!
have a blessed and Merry Christmas:)

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

Hi Joy ~ okay, okay the cookies look great, but I'm actually commenting on your great article in Romantic Country. What a surprise when I opened this issue and "saw" you! Way to go!! (*_*)
~Stacy~

Leah C said...

Mmmmm, mmmmm! Love yummy gingerbread cookies...thanks for the recipe:) Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Alice W. said...

Sounds delicious! And I love "no fail" recipes too!!!

Wendy said...

We made your gingerbread cookies yesterday. They are delicious! Ü
I love your blog. It's so inspiring and beautiful.