Dec 13, 2008

Romantic Rescue


Sometimes we ladies need to give a trophy to ourselves - just because, as L'Oreal says


"We're worth it!"


Although this may look like an original shadow-boxed trophy, I assure you it isn't. I found the trophy at the flea market this past summer and paid a whole dollar for it. It's on the smaller side and is perfectly tarnished, just the way I like them.



The shadow box is the perfect shade of cream and looks very vintage. I found that at a yard sale on a rainy Saturday morning. I remember it was raining because the person holding the sale didn't care whether his items were getting wet or not. (typical man!) I was immediately drawn to this glass box - even though it had the most hideous dried flower topiary inside of it. I picked it up and noticed it had a "Home Sense" sticker on the bottom and an original price tag of $19.99. I asked the man how much he wanted for it and apparently he thought is was as ugly as I did because his response was "25 cents!". SOLD! I promptly took it home, removed a few nails and slid up the glass to remove the topiary. Too easy. I then used some sort of magical epoxy to adhere the trophy and added a few old millinery flowers to disguise the mess. Not bad for $1.25, huh? I'm worth it!



It has come to my attention that I am a bit of a ornament junkie. Like an addict, I can't get enough. Well, no more! I am proud to admit that I walked into one of my favorite thrift stores the other day and passed by a table with old ornaments in their original boxes. Well, I have to admit, I didn't really like their shape - but still! The old me would have scooped them up and dragged them home anyway. Apparently I am not the only one who knows about my obsession... the mananger of the store said she though of me when they put them out and was flabberghasted that I wasn't buying them. Come to think of it, so was I...


In other news...


Over at *moggit ... Janet and I have tackled this lovely room in "If these wall could talk"...



Seriously, you will never guess who this room belongs to. Click *here to find out!



Oh! Cathy at Avalon Rose made us a new blinkie which we think is really, really cute. A couple of wonderful people have asked to put it on their blogs and websites and we thank-you! It's free for the taking if you are interested. :) Just email me for the code.


5 comments:

Peggy. said...

Your posts are always so cute.
Peggy
http://pegslifeinthebuttonjar.blogspot.com

Peggy. said...

Your posts are always so cute.
Peggy
http://pegslifeinthebuttonjar.blogspot.com

RobinfromCA said...

Thanks for the code! It resides proudly on my blog!

Denise said...

Love your trophy....that is great! And oh yes......I can relate to the Christmas ornie obsession. My boys tease and say...mom, you have a little "problem" with vintage Christmas. I too have passed some up this year.i was so proud.

philben5 said...

Glad to see others with the passion of ornaments of old.
Blessings
Roxanne