Dec 5, 2008

Things Are Lookin' Up




First of all thanks Janet for taking over the reins while I was in Edmonton visiting my nephew. I so liked the left-had justified post that you did that I decided to stick with it!


The picture above was taken in 2006 when Colin was 16 years old. Isn't he a cutie? Gosh, I love him! As you may know, he was diagnosed with a rare auto-immune disease called Wegener's and has been in the hospital in Edmonton, Alberta. (a 4.5 flight away from me here in Ontario) I flew out to see him last Friday and stayed for 5 days. I am so happy to report that he is doing so much better! He has been extubated and now is on a trach but his oxygen levels have been lessened and he is constantly amazing his doctors and nurses. They are soooo wonderful to him and we are thankful for their amazing care.


Colin and I were able to communicate through lip reading and he was so happy that I was there. My heart was full. The good Lord blessed me with an absolute wonderful time with him, he got better every day while I was there, the weather was nice, and my sister in law Jackie got to re-connect after not seeing each other for 11 months! (she now lives a 4 hour drive from me here in Ontario)


By the way, she says thanks from the bottom of her heart for all of your prayers and good wishes. They truly have helped!


In other news....


Janet's and my TSP project was finally revealed on Monday - moggit. Thank-you all so much for dropping by and checking it out. Janet and I have been bff's for 35 years now and have always liked to poke fun at design and decorating - it's like sport for us. (Not that we're professionals by any sort but we do think that sometimes the whole industry can take itself a wee bit too seriously) We change content up daily so we hope that we will become your "guilty pleasure". For instance, hop on over to the category "Oh No You Didn't!" to see what we had to say about this lovely chair...


Source: www.horchow.com


And don't forget to vote!


p.s. Be sure and click on "That's SO Mogg" on the front page - lots of great gift ideas there.... :)


5 comments:

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Love Moggit!!! So glad your nephew is doing better. Prayers still said.

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

so glad he is doing better sweetie!!
I hope you have a fabulous weekend!! Big hugs!! xxoxo Britt :-)

bec4 said...

Joy--it is wonderful to hear that Collin is getting stronger. I pray for him every time I come to your blog.

Congrats on the new moggit site--it is a lot of fun!

Leah C said...

So wonderful to hear your nephew is getting better:) And congrats on Moggit...so fun!

parisapartment said...

Joy, I'm so glad to hear your nephew is better, we're still praying for him!