Jan 5, 2009

Bye Bye Twinkly Lights....


It stings every year!


That feeling you get when you look around your house after taking down all of the decorations. Glitter, gone. Vignettes, gone. Tree, gone. Twinkly lights, gone. My husband, who can't stand clutter even looked around yesterday and announced "It's so bare in here." That hurt.


I decided the sparkly would be replaced with silver and shine...



My step daughters bought me this lovely Eiffel tower for Christmas. I love it!


And my 'deal of the day' this past weekend? These two {very chunky} mercury glass candle sticks - they were already reduced to $10.00 and $8.00 and when I got to the cash, the clerk surprised me with a further 70% reduction! Now THAT'S what I call a sale!



So, the twinkly lights may be gone but the silver and shiny mercury glass remain...



I can't go cold turkey! Off to buy some more candles...

11 comments:

Sugar Bear said...

The candlesticks are fabulous and what a bargain! They must certainly be helping to fill the sparkly void.
Karla

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Wow, talk about a bargain.

*The Beautiful Life* said...

I want that Eiffel tower!! (And the tiara!). ;)

Happy New Year!
=Ruth

Lori said...

Joy, those candlesticks are gorgeous!!! i just love the look of mercury glass...your eiffel tower is lovely too, what a nice gift!!!

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

What a wonderful, kick booty bargain! Wow! And I agree. The silver stuff is cool and still blingy and I'm keeping mine out, too. We're on the same page!

Hey, post #100 is coming. Watch for a prize give away. ~Mindy

Sally Pepper said...

Where did you find those candlesticks? Almost makes me want to move back!

Elaine said...

Oh, I agree it's a sad day when we take all our holiday decorations down.

Consoling yourself with mercury glass was a good idea. I did the same thing. Went on the Pottery Barn website and found myself some shiny new bargains!

Rebecca said...

Oh Joy ~ reading your entry is as if it came strait from my mouth. I just had this same conversation with my daughter.
I too have kept my silver treasures out to enjoy even longer and make it sparkle ~ I even got my tiara out this year!
~ Every girl deserves one!
Happy New Year
Rebecca

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh I love the candlesticks and tiara!

JudyBug said...

Love the sparkle. I'm so envious of your mercury glass bargain. I adore mercury glass. I'm still kicking myself for leaving a good find at Marshall's.

Leah C said...

So very pretty & sparkly! I love those candlesticks:)