Jan 22, 2009

Colin Update


I was digging through my pictures the other day and found this one of me and my nephew Colin. (yes, I had big hair - courtesy of a perm, what of it?)



He was two years old here and a goin' concern! Every Sunday afternoon when the kids were little we used to go to my parent's house and sit outside on the porch. All of my siblings and their children would come and looking back now, I realize those were some of the best times of my life. I remember vividly Colin coming up to me that day reaching for my coffee as I was taking a sip...

"I lika cold coffee Aunty Joy!" he exclaimed.

"Yes, but this is hot Colin." I replied.

"Oh, I lika COLD coffee!" and off he skipped.

That was 16 years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday. Here we are two years ago...



My poor pet is STILL in the hospital in Edmonton battling Wegener's disease - an autoimmune disease that attacks the body from within. I flew out to Edmonton in early December to visit with him and his Mom and he is doing much better but still is battling this disease in a "one step forward, two steps back" kind of way.


A few days ago he had to have both of his lungs operated on and he is doing better - our goal is still to get him well enough so that he came fly home to Ontario. He will still need 2-3 months of hospitalization and therapy when he reurns but at least he won't be so far away and we can all visit him. We are hoping he can be transferred within a couple of weeks.


This child inspires me! I am so proud of him and his will to survive. He has been in intensive care since October 24th and rarely complains. I am in awe, truly. I want to thank everyone again for their prayers - it means the world to all of us....


15 comments:

Sandy said...

hi joy! inspiring about colin! i permed my hair way back when too - ha! happy day!

Lori said...

oh Joy, thanks for the update...i had been wondering how your nephew was doing...Colin sounds like an amazing young man...i will pray that he continues to improve and that he will be able to come home soon...hugs!!!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

hey, I love your hair. Thanks for the update on your nephew. Prayers continued.

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

Thank you for the update! Out of sight, out of mind. I had not remember to lift a prayer in some time. He and the family are back on my list. Great pictures of the two of you! ~Mindy

bec4 said...

Oh Joy--I had so hoped he was home! I am continuing to pray for him. I don't know if you saw the pray for Harper blinkie--asking people to pray for a very sick baby. I was writing on her blog today that when I discovered the baby I was carrying had a rare heart defect, I started to keep a gratitude journal. I forced my self to find 5 things each day I was grateful for. Even on the day my son died, I wrote 5 things. It was life changing to be grateful during tragedy and chaos. You may want to suggest this to Colin's mom or to him, if he is able to tell someone each day little things he is grateful for.

Hugs, Becky

PS-I do have an award for you on my blog!

cityfarmer said...

you are sooooooooo darn cute

LiLi M. said...

Let's hope and pray that he is going to travel to Ontario soon. It will do everybody much good. Take care!

Musings From A French Cottage said...

Hi Joy,

I just found your blog and I wanted to let you know that I will be praying for Colin and his family. I hope he can come home very soon! God Bless you all.

Hugs,
Kathleen

Sally Pepper said...

Still praying...

How are things in Ontario, by the way?

Lee W - The Way I See It said...

I love the photos. I hope Colin continues to improve- it sure would be nice to have him fly home.

Leah C said...

My thoughts & prayers are with Colin...he sounds like an amazing young man:) And very lucky to have an aunt like you! My mom has been hospitalized since Christmas Eve...so I feel for you & your family:) I hope Colin gets to go home soon!

Heidi said...

Lots and lots of prayers for your family and nephew!
:)Heidi

Margo said...

My best to Colin and keep us updated on his progress. And as far as the hair goes "Oh no you didn't!" Actually I think you look rather cute, but I couldn't resist the moggit reference. You've inspired me for a show & tell this week. check out my blog tomorrow evening.
Margo

View my blog at:
http://robolady.blogspot.com/

sashagirl said...

Oh, how hard this must be on Collin and your whole family. I will continue to pray for your precious nephew. What a strong guy he is to have to endure so much. Sending (((hugs))) and prayers your way.

disa said...

免費小遊戲,免費遊戲,小遊戲,遊戲,好玩遊戲,好玩遊戲區,A片,情趣用品,遊戲區,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆,遊戲基地,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,遊戲口袋,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖,A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片,成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室,視訊聊天,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,6k聊天室,視訊聊天室