Jan 7, 2009

Fav Projects from 2008


The lovely Rhoda from Southern Hospitality is hosting a blog party - and features her Top 10 Projects from 2008. What a great idea! I thought I would share some of my favorite little projects from the past year...nothing too complicated cuz that's the way I roll!


"A Place in Time" - this is a fun way to display vintage photographs. Just gut an old clock - be sure and save the workings as you'll need to put them back in place to secure everything.



All those cast-off clock faces needed somewhere to go so this metal film reel case got a quick makeover...



I used old price tag stands to display my favorite ephemera...



This old stamp holder became a quirky vase once I found the test tubes to fit it...



I lined the inside of old sewing drawers with vintage ephemera and used them for storage on my desk...



These are also great in the kitchen!



An old chippy grate became a impromptu collage with the insertion of old photographs...



This old film reel got ready for its close-up with the simple addition of satin ribbon and a vintage clock face...



And finally, this old cardboard sign was a bonus in an auction box lot. I loved the old script and decided to frame it in a large ornate frame. Antique doctor's prescriptions became the matting and I used a paper tape measure to further set it off...



Hope you enjoyed these "romantic rescues" - have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!



27 comments:

RobinfromCA said...

I love all of your projects - I don't know where you find the time but I love all of you projects!

fromthepines said...

I love all these Joy!

Cheryl

*The Beautiful Life* said...

I love 'em all, too! In fact I was counting how many of them I bought from you! :)
As for where you get the time to do them all...its only a guess, but I'm betting coffee has a BIG part to play! ;)
Great stuff!
-Ruth

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Beautiful, Joy! Every single project, you have such a way with rescuing old vintage things that I just love. Thanks for playing along!

Cassie said...

Those are great! Very creative indeed.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

What a wonderful look all these projects have. Love them!

Half of the Style Sisters said...

Very cool projects! I love all these ideas. You are way creative.

Diane said...

Very beautiful Post, love the ideas and the photos are yummy!

Manuela@Pleasures of Homemaking said...

Very cool projects! I really like the old price tag stands - wish I could find some!

Manuela

julie & joe said...

That grate looks exactly like the ones in my house!

kayellen said...

Hi Joy!
Thanks for your sweet comment:)
Love all your pics..my fav is the sewing drawer!
Have a great week give Wilbur a hug from me!!

Lori said...

great ideas Joy!!! i am just in love with the old grate doubling as a display piece!!!

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

How Cow! I almost cussed out loud at how good you are! Thank you for putting all of these into one blog, for easy reference. You are GOOD, Miss Joy! ~Mindy

ps. My 100th post giveaway is going on. Come see!

Randi said...

I love your altered pieces - so fun! Thanks for sharing!

Leigh said...

It all looks great! Wonderful ideas! I am here today by way fo Rhoda's Before and After. Come and check out my projects if you get a chance.

Rue said...

Beautiful projects AND blog! I love your post about the view from your couch too :)

rue

Denise said...

Love all your projects.....you always have such great ideas!

Do it yourselfer said...

love all your great projects...ingenious and creative. i love the old sign and photo grate.

BitsAndPieces said...

Joy, you have a real knack for finding treasures and creating unique projects. Your blog is
one of my favorites!

Sandy

Lamp Tramp said...

What beautiful romantic treasures!

Elaine said...

I want one of everything but my favorite is the drawer holding the
kitchen items.

You are truly clever!

beth at aunties said...

Wonderful pictures to savor and enjoy! The Lilies of the Valley looked so pretty in the test tubes:)

LiLi M. said...

All fab projects! You have such a great eye for rescueing and using vintage stuff in a way that everybody has to say; why didn't I think of that? Chapeau!

ps I love moggit!

sandra/tx said...

Great job, Joy. I love them all!

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Fabulous ideas!

Tricia said...

I LOVE the gutted clock picture frames...pure genius....thats the project that got me hooked on your wonderful blog.

Rachel said...

I love what you've done, Joy! Great inspiration for the new year :o)

~Rachel