Jan 30, 2009

The Sartorialist...


My new web obsession. A blog that celebrates fashion in a very simplistic, pure way. Scott Schuman is The Sartorialist. He started his {now famous} blog simply to share photos of people that he saw on the streets of New York, Milan, Paris - everywhere!


I have to say, as much as I am drawn to decor, I am drawn to fashion. The way it evolves, the way it is individually interpreted...




The Europeans have it in spades. They ooze fashion. They are born with it.



This blog is an ever-evolving feast for the eyes...




I just love the way fashion affects different people. This outfit would make me look like a dowdy 65 year old from Wisconsin. (no offence, Wisconsin) But somehow on her, it works. Why?

Because she believes in it.




In my younger days I used to chuckle under my breath when I saw a strange outfit on the street-- something beyond my realm. Now I appreciate it as art. It may not be art that I want hung on my walls but I can appreciate it nonetheless...



Even the very young get in on the action! (rock those hot pink leg warmers!)



Seriously, this is how I want to look when I am 50...



To check out this uber-fabulous blog and get lost in 'on the street' fashion simply click here.


*All photos courtesy of The Satorialist, Scott Schuman. (used with permission)



15 comments:

Lori said...

those are great pics! you can really see everyone's personality shine through by how they are dressed...i am in LOVE with the darling man in the overcoat and vest {second pic}!!!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

These are really fun to look at! But, you're right...on me most of this would be hilarious!

Lady Jane Vintage said...

Hi Joy! That was a fun post! Are you sure you don't want me to send you some photos of ME from the "80's" wearin' what I THOUGHT was "high fashion"? Or how about when I THOUGHT Madonna was copying ME with the way she dressed? You just let me know girlfriend and I'll send em' along!;) Hope all is well with you, and hey, how's the snow and cold in Canada????:) Jen

parisapartment said...

Whenever I go to Paris it means getting together all my simplest, best and most interesting stuff! Why don't I do the same here? I'm hopping over to moggit to see what you ladies are dishing out today!

*The Beautiful Life* said...

I dunno...the dude in the last photo...not sure if that look can be pulled off by anyone in any country...I'm just sayin... ;)

*moggit girls said...

So here's the thing I hate most about my bff Joy-- she *will* look like that when she's fifty!

I, on the other hand, at fifty will undoubtedly resemble something approaching Julia Child in her 80's crossed with Statler & Waldorf, those two old guys at the theatre on the Muppet show-- remember them? (No offense intended to Ms. Child, of course, may God rest her sweet soul!)

;)

Joy Zaczyk said...

You're too funny Janet! ;)

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

Thanks to you introducing me to this blog....I will never, ever, EVER leave my computer!!!!!!!! This is great! Thanks! ~Mindy

Tricia said...

Yes! I love that blog. Fashion and interior design do go hand in hand.

Bethie - Chic Junque said...

Love those skinny jeans with the stilettos, but I sure don't have the height or legs for that! Love the pics!

Sandy said...

darn, sorry i missed your giveaway, a little too late. love the pix of the little girl the best - adorable! i agree w/european fashions! :)

Cote de Texas said...

the little girl is so cute! I love that blog.

thank you for your comment!!
Joni

natalea said...

Joy, thanks for the blog link! I can't wait to get over there and look...I love how people in Europe think of style- so different from here! Hope all is well with you!
xox natalea

sparkled*life said...

I used to be the same way see someone in something different and say "What are they thinking"? Now I just realize that every person can rock different things. That is what makes the world so beautiful. My friends and I now say wow she is really confident because she is really pulling that off. That is the truth. When you have a confidence that comes from within you can make a moo moo look like a million dollars!

Blessings!

Crystal Sparks

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I love that blog. And it's true, if you carry whatever outfit with confidence...it will rock!
Lidy