Jan 27, 2009

Shades of Silver


My gosh it has been cold here lately! Not much else to do other than walk around with my camera and try to get inspired!


These are some shots from my bedroom where shades of silver abound...



I try to find beauty in the everyday...if you don't slow yourself down, you'll miss it.



It calms me down to try and see things in a different light or perspective...



The sunlight was streaming in my room that day and it cast a special glow...



Even though it was a nasty -31 with the wind chill I somehow felt warm and toasty.

Lose yourself in the everyday!


7 comments:

cityfarmer said...

oh my honey piepooh!!!!!
Lose yourself in the everyday ... that says it all.


the "loving cup" piece made my heart leap.

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

Wonderful post and great pictures. Thanks for the reminder. ~Mindy

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Oh my gosh, and I was complaining about the cold here! you have it much worse. But what a cozy interior you have to cheer you up.

By, the way, I LOVE your Moggit barbs. That warms me up, from sitting here at the computer and laughing out loud!

Lori said...

Joy, that really does look lovely...stay warm!!!

Glenda said...

I am a silver freak and I love to see the sunlight on it along with glass around it as well.

It's not so cold here in Calif. but it's Calif. cold 40ยบ.

Ciao

BitsAndPieces said...

Joy, I find your blog inspiring and delightful. Love the bold message at the end of the post.

Sandy

Leah C said...

Love the photos! And I thought it was cold where I live...brrr!