Jan 16, 2009

With This Ring...


Seriously, how cute is this?...


Source: perpetulakid.com


We featured it in That's So MOGG today. It's known as the 2 carat cup. Best of all, it comes packaged in a box that makes it look like you're actually getting a ring.


Looking at this ring reminded me of how my hubby proposed....


We were going away for the weekend and truth be told, I was hoping to be proposed to. On our way out of town we stopped for a coffee at our local Tim Horton's. (Starbuck's would be the U.S. equivilant) I was edgy and nervous and certainly not myself. Hubby got out (this is pre drive-thru days) to grab us a couple of coffees while I waited in the car. A few minutes later he returned with two coffees in hand, opened the driver's side door, fumbled with the coffees, suddenly dropped to one knee - half in/half out of the car - and thrust a beautiful box with a diamond ring in front of me. Needless to say I was surprised! And very, very happy.


We laugh about it now. I was proposed to in a Tim Horton's parking lot. Now that's romance people!


I love it though, it makes me smile every time I think of it. :)



6 comments:

Lori said...

that is a great story Joy!!! that cup cracks me up:)

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

I love that story! So sweet. And the cup is a hoot! ~Mindy

Jenny said...

My proposal was not at all romantic...I said to Scott, "hey we should get married..." and he said, "sure"...I replied..."really??" and he said, "just pick a date."
And I did!LOL

joyandjanet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leah C said...

Sweet proposal story! My hubby actually "broke up" with me(cold feet) and proposed all in the same day...how's that for romance? :)

cityfarmer said...

what a sweetie...both of you!

gotta love our men!